Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2022 8:52:47 PM EDT
Recently picked up an SAO Shadow 2.

Love the pistol, but noticed something the other night when I was dry firing. I am using the O-Ring trick in the back of the slide so I don't damage the firing pin.

When working the trigger, I find it continually rides up to the top, and sits in the top portion of the arc in the trigger. I think this is due to the design of the curves.

Obviously the further up my finger is, the harder the trigger pull will be (shorter "lever" when pulling).

Is this supposed to be this way? Or should I swap it out for a perfectly flat type trigger, so my finger doesn't migrate to the top?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have short fingers??

Maybe you are not holding the frame right??

Maybe you need to lighten the trigger weight so it is light enough to fire without allowing your finger pad to slip upward...

never have read about such a complaint..

good luck  nice pistol!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at the pistol the other night. I think I found the issue.

I have small-ish hands, and coupled with the high grip on the pistol, it makes my trigger finger point down.

When looking at the side of the pistol, my trigger finger is NOT parallel to the bore. It is closer to the bore at the grip, and further at the trigger. Causes me to pull the trigger in an upwards motion.

With a small bit of effort, I can pull the trigger straight back. I just have to put a small amount of downward force as well as the pulling back force.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Regarding dry fire - no need for the o-ring trick as your model does not have a firing pin block. It’s similar to the Shadow 1 or 1911 in that regard. Continue on if you’d like but the o-ring trick is to increase the life of the FP retaining pin on FPB models.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Took a couple pictures tonight. Hope this shows what I'm talking about.

Like I said, with just the slightest down-pressure when I pull my finger back, it prevents it from riding up.

I also pulled out my 1911 to compare. It's not as bad on that platform, I've never noticed it on that trigger. As you can see by the pic, its still there, but not as bad as the Shadow.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Regarding dry fire - no need for the o-ring trick as your model does not have a firing pin block. It’s similar to the Shadow 1 or 1911 in that regard. Continue on if you’d like but the o-ring trick is to increase the life of the FP retaining pin on FPB models.
View Quote

Thanks, good to know. I didn't think I needed it, but I had a bin full of o-rings on my desk and figured it couldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's my .02 regarding what you're experiencing.

When I get a new pistol I dryfire the hell out of it. Not just pulling the trigger but learning how to grip that particular pistol. Like how high of a grip can I get without impeding function. How much finger to use and learning to pull that trigger straight back. Also, where to place my trigger finger to get a good pull. I believe you're at this stage of learning your pistol.

If you're not getting the desired results you can absolutely explore trigger shoe options such as a straight trigger. I find that curved vs straight is a matter of preference. You have plenty of options to choose from as well like CGW, CZ custom, armory craft or eeman tech to name a few. If you plan on going this route consider changing out your trigger pin to a floating trigger pin.

I would also note that grips can affect your trigger pull or trigger finger placement as well. For example, the thin CZ aluminum grips are too thin for my size hands. I get too much grip with my strong hand leaving little space for my support hand to grip the pistol. On my 75B omega it would also cause me to get too much finger on the trigger. This would cause the trigger to pinch my finger every time I pulled it. Made it very uncomfortable to shoot. I realized a palm swell grip really helped me with trigger finger placement and I no longer get pinched. That being said when I shoot my 75B omega I still use less finger than my other DA/SA pistols to prevent pinching my finger. All my other CZ's have the 85 combat style trigger which is my preferred trigger profile. I can get as much finger as I want without getting pinched. It also closely resembles my Beretta 92's which I shoot often as well.

Good luck on your Shadow 2 SA journey. It's definitely a beauty.

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:00:59 AM EDT
[#7]
You are spot on. Need to figure it out and practice. I did try dry-firing a little more, and I don't find my finger slipping up anymore. Just need to put in the reps.

I am looking into new grips. I love the stock ones, but I think new grips are needed. When gripping the pistol with my right hand, I notice an air gap between my palm and the grip. I think palm-swell grips will be the ticket.

Still trying to decide who to go to. Armanov, Henning, VZ, LOK, all seem to have their pros & cons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top