Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2023 6:49:57 PM EDT
These were quietly introduced at SHOT Show and looks like they may be available soon-ish:

https://www.apextactical.com/springfield/sa-35

Looks like 2 versions (with or without Apex mag well) in 2 different capacities (17 or 19 round).

Uses Meg-Gar mags as a base, but not sure where springs and followers are sourced.

Price is steep for a complete mag IMO, but it’s kinda cool to see some ‘new’ Hi Power products out. Would be awesome if they offered an upgrade kit for existing mags.

Also interested in the mag well itself when it comes out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
OMG!!
$65 bucks?? And there sold out!! Who in the hell would pay $65 bucks for a 17 round mag??
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wtwining:
OMG!!
$65 bucks?? And there sold out!! Who in the hell would pay $65 bucks for a 17 round mag??
View Quote

Any one with a Stacatto/2011 for starters.

But yes they’re pretty damn spendy for basically a Mec-Gar mag with a +2 or +4 baseplate and extended spring.

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By wtwining:
OMG!!
View Quote

H&K owners:  
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I would buy a 17 rounder just for shits and grins.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought the gun and it is a piece of shit. Mine has no audible or tactile trigger reset and SA returned it to me with a single sentence that this is “normal” for SA’s shitty new proprietary trigger. One would think that SA would have enough self respect to design a new trigger that at least wasn’t a POS that I need to send to C&S or MK3 for a $500 trigger job in order to get an audible or tactile reset. Then, the sharp edges on this crappy and poorly finished too small beaver tail isn’t helpful either. No hammer bite, but the sharp edges will cut you nonetheless. I have no less than 7 Springfields, including a variety of 1911s and some polymer wonders. SA, on this one, you done us the fucks. And now, I’m going to go trade mine in on anything else and put my mags on the EE.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 12:20:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
$200 magwell that requires their $65 mags and $80 grips? Yikes. My Argentine 17rd mags were like $18 each and work perfectly.
View Quote

Do you use your mag loader that comes with it?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bangz:
I bought the gun and it is a piece of shit. Mine has no audible or tactile trigger reset and SA returned it to me with a single sentence that this is “normal” for SA’s shitty new proprietary trigger. One would think that SA would have enough self respect to design a new trigger that at least wasn’t a POS that I need to send to C&S or MK3 for a $500 trigger job in order to get an audible or tactile reset. Then, the sharp edges on this crappy and poorly finished too small beaver tail isn’t helpful either. No hammer bite, but the sharp edges will cut you nonetheless. I have no less than 7 Springfields, including a variety of 1911s and some polymer wonders. SA, on this one, you done us the fucks. And now, I’m going to go trade mine in on anything else and put my mags on the EE.
View Quote

Is it really necessary to post this in all three active SA35 threads?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

Is it really necessary to post this in all three active SA35 threads?
View Quote

Exactly what I was going to post.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 4FishLimit:
Uses Meg-Gar mags as a base, but not sure where springs and followers are sourced.
View Quote

I could care less about extended bases or extra capacity but I do really wish Mecgar would start selling BHP mags with the same anti-friction coating you can get on their 226 and M9 mags
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 3:14:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TREETOP] [#11]
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Bangz:
View Quote

I rather like the trigger on mine to be honest
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 7:50:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USPguy] [#13]
oooops
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top