Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2021 9:32:51 PM EDT
What do you guys think of the Springfield Vickers master class 1911?

Is it comparable or better then say a factory TRP??
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The one local to me that I got to fondle was better fit than the few TRP's I've had experiences with. Trigger was amazing. Loved the HD orange front sight. Rear sight looked stupid as hell overhanging the slide, but I get that's what Vickers wanted.
If it was in 9mm, I'd get over the ugly ass rear serrations and get one.
They are not worth the $1,500+ they seem to be going for though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Still prefer the Colt M45A1.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It should be a better gun than the TRP.  Built in the custom shop with some better parts.

Im not wild about some of the styling choices, but everything I've read about them has been good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I got mine about a month ago, definitely a step up from my stainless TRP.  The trigger is fantastic and the rear sight provides an awesome sight picture with the orange front.  I really like the serration pattern used on the pistol, unique and functional.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]
If the pistol is build in custom shop (even only for fitting fire control parts) as claimed, it would be worth the MSRP. Back when Springfield Custom Shop still taking custom projects, I had two guns went through some basic build and the trigger is much better than TRP.

I have to say I am not a fan of the sight and serration/grip treatment. But I will see myself own one just because it's somewhat tie to Springfield Custom Shop at that price range.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#6]
What type of trigger does the Vickers have?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd get one in a heartbeat. Neat guns.

Love the sights, tbh.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#8]
It seems like a hell of a lot of gun for $1500. I didn't see it mentioned on the website if the fire control parts are fit by SACS, but if it did it would definitely be worth the MSRP. The Black T finish is easily $200 by itself and worth at least that much, plus $100 in magazines vs the $13 metalforms most guns come with (no complaints as they just work) and better/upgraded sights.
The checkering looks like it's be grippy without being super aggresive.

I happen to like the new rollmarks, and the old rollmarks too, but they seem to fit the aesthetic of the pistol more.
It seems like a more modern out of the box 1911 solution by a company with a good reputations for making 1911's AND good customer service if something goes wrong.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I bought one. Picked it up today and put 300 flawless rounds through it. Wow. Smooth. And tight. I have a  TRP and the Masterclass frame to slide fit is incredibly tight. Almost custom tight! Great great gun.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I bought one. Picked it up today and put 300 flawless rounds through it. Wow. Smooth. And tight. I have a  TRP and the Masterclass frame to slide fit is incredibly tight. Almost custom tight! Great great gun.
View Quote

Thats cool, i want one. What kinda mags did it come with?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Wilson combat Vicker mags
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Me want.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#13]
My TRP Operator EVERYTIME!
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#14]
That looks really nice, too bad guns are so hard to get right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top