Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2020 5:51:59 PM EDT
Cross-posting here from rimfire handgun.

I have a Ruger MK-II Standard Stainless Steel, and the recoil spring assemble came apart on disassembly (the front rounded part came off)

I looked online to make sure it wasn't supposed to come off as I never had that happen before.

Sent Ruger a customer service online email contact about the problem and got a response to call in.

I called the number and the lady explained that as of a couple years ago, they charge for all parts for firearms they no longer sell, even if the part is interchangeable between the old model and the new model.

I've always read that Ruger supports their firearms with an "Unofficial" lifetime warranty and will take care of you.  Evidently this is no longer the case.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I called up Ruger about a month ago looking for a retainer spring and spare gas regular for an Sr556. I had credit card in hand expecting to pay full retail. They sent me enogh parts to rebuild the entire gas sytem for free.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I just called today for one replacement "rebound spring" and wanted to BUY a spare recoil spring assembly, extractor and extractor spring.

This is for a 1999 Mark II 22/45.

The representative on the phone is sending everything for free including free shipping.  She even said she would throw in a 2nd spare rebound spring also.  I should be good for another 20 years+

I should have everything in 5-7 days.

Disclaimer: Everything I needed cross referenced over to the Mark III so maybe I just got lucky.  

This is my second time dealing with Ruger and fourth time for close family and they haven't disappointed yet!

Late 90s- broken hammer plunger on single-six- shipped back on fathers dime and repaired/shipped back for free

Early 2000s- Broken 10/22 bolt just below extractor.  Talked them into me shipping only the bolt back on my dime and they replaced/shipped back for free

Early 2010s- Bad factory ammo cracked stock and broke bolt on BILs 10/22.  Shipped back on BILs dime with faulty ammo.  Ruger sent him a NEW 10/22 as a replacement.

Today- Getting replacement spring plus extras for my 22/45 Mk II.  Everything being sent for free.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I broke a 10/22 receiver in 2 pieces I contacted customer service about getting it repaired
I paid to ship the gun to them they replaced the receiver and reassembled the gun free    

the gun was made around 1984
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
they fixed my old model vaquero for free and they didnt make that anymore at the time. they are making OMV's again though so i dont know if it counts.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 6:40:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#7]
A couple of years ago my nephew bought a GP100 357 at a pawn shop and it was missing the rear sight blade. Well, I called Ruger because my nephew was too shy.
I spoke to a lady that was very helpful and she ended up sending him the whole rear sight assembly. I was hooked on Ruger CS from then on and have been buying any Ruger that catches my eye now with no reservation.
ETA: Fixed mistake
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#8]
From what I have gathered and being a part of this industry what is often said by a representative over the phone is rarely ever how its handled when it comes to SOP. More times than not its been on the more pleasant side. Warranty statements are often just in place for the sake of it, how its handled for minor things such as small parts replacement is often "give me your address and I will have one in the mail for you". Its much cheaper to just get the part out, spend as little time on the phone, and move on regardless of the fine print procedures. I have not owned a Ruger in quite some time, but when I had an SP101 and a spring went flying across the room, I was shipped one with ease free of charge.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cross-posting here from rimfire handgun.

I have a Ruger MK-II Standard Stainless Steel, and the recoil spring assemble came apart on disassembly (the front rounded part came off)

I looked online to make sure it wasn't supposed to come off as I never had that happen before.

Sent Ruger a customer service online email contact about the problem and got a response to call in.

I called the number and the lady explained that as of a couple years ago, they charge for all parts for firearms they no longer sell, even if the part is interchangeable between the old model and the new model.

I've always read that Ruger supports their firearms with an "Unofficial" lifetime warranty and will take care of you.  Evidently this is no longer the case.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top