Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2021 2:52:22 PM EDT
I'm competing in a 900 league.  I'm using a ruger mkii the trigger is good but has alot of creep.  What's my best bet to get the trigger to be less sloppy?

In terms of a better reset?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You can still find Volquartsen triggers for MKIIs.

Best you're going to get.

Here it is on their site.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You can still get the AMT Lightning triggers from Numrich for under $20 and I really like them.  Basically a copy of the old Clark trigger and has an overtravel screw already installed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
That will fit in the ruger mkii?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  That will fit in the ruger mkii?
View Quote

The AMT Lightning was an early clone, back in the 90's.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I put the full Volquartsen kit in my MKII 22/45 last week, great trigger. One of my trigger pins is wanting to walk out though, the spring isn't seating in the pin groove properly and I haven't had time to dig into what's causing it.

ETA: Got min from Optics Planet, with a 10% off coupon which aren't hard to find their prices are pretty much the best I've found on these.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/volquartsen-pistol-competition-kit-mkii.html

They also have this kit which doesn't have the extractor, firing pin, and extended slide release for a bit less.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/volquartsen-accurizing-kit.html
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
A Volquartsen sear is the best bang for the buck in your pistol for improving the feel of the trigger.  Should land you in the 2ish pound zone.  The sear does about 75% of the work in the kit in my experience.  

The AMT lightning trigger will drop right in and has a screw for overtravel,  additionally its a bit fat on the front and can reduce some of the trigger takeup. I like the feel of them.  The smooth volquartsen trigger on the other hand doesn't appeal to me.  

Rimfire Central will give you more info than you can probably stand to read on the subject.  :)
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I've installed VQ sears, trigger shoes, and bushings in all my MKlls but as stated, the sear is the biggest improvement. Kind of a no brainer.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#9]
How much work is involved in replacing just the sear in a MKII? If one was to replace the sear, should you just go ahead and install the complete accurizing kit?

@Buick455
@RUT
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#10]
The sear is the most difficult part to replace and if you watch the videos on YouTube you will see how its done.  I recommend taking a closeup picture with your phone of the sear while still in the frame in case you are not sure on how the sear spring should be oriented when you are finished.  Having an extra punch that can be used from one side while you fenagle the sear pin from the other side is a big help to me.  The small plunger and spring that sits in the trigger will fall out so just set them to the side until you are ready to put the hammer back in. Again the videos will show this.   IMHO save the cash from the other parts that do very little and just replace the sear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top