Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2022 6:20:54 PM EDT
My lcp was  shooting worth  well you know,  i called them they charged me $45 for a  return tag.  I sent  the pistol in on Thursday evening. Well i got it back today (one week)  they replaced. The barrel shot it at 7 yards and sent me the target with a nice 5 round group.  Then said it was shot 30 times with out issues with winchester flat point.  Only thing is i wished they  would have at least ran a bore snake trough it before sending it back. Now i need to find time to shoot it my self.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
$45? Times have changed. I only used them once for a broke Mini 14 back in 2000. They paid shipping both ways.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had this pistol for very long time just never shot it much to figure out that there was an issue with it. So they really didn’t have to fix it for free for me
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought they has a lifetime warranty. I sent my 22/45 back because the sight pin wouldn't stop walking out. They paid for shipping both ways and a week turnaround.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve never heard of any firearms manufacturer charging to send a gun back.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#5]
It is their policy so what am I supposed to do? Ruger makes great quality firearms at an affordable price. they do not charge as much as most other manufactures so their profit margin is smaller  then the ones that charge twice as much for similar guns  so if they pay for customers to send back a gun that reduces the profit even more. so I can understand it. do I want to pay twice as much for a pistol of would I rather pay $50 to send one back for repair and going over that I have had for many many years  they do pay for the sending back if the pistol is under a certain age. But they paid for the repairs and shipping back to me and did it very fast.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I just had to deal with Ruger's CS two weeks ago.  In regards to paying to ship the gun back, I believe that if the gun in question is over a certain age they make you pay for the shipping.  When I was dealing with issues with my LCP MAX, they told me upfront that depending on the age of the gun the shipping may be on me.  Since mine was less than a year old they covered everything.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought they has a lifetime warranty. I sent my 22/45 back because the sight pin wouldn't stop walking out. They paid for shipping both ways and a week turnaround.
View Quote

Ruger doesn’t warranty their guns.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
they may not have a warranty the do however stand behind their product.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent an LCP II .22lr with a threaded barrel kit two days ago in for warranty repair or replacement. They provided a prepaid UPS label, and did not charge me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Sent a MKIV 22/45 lite back for accuracy issues on Tuesday.  They sent me a pre paid shipping label.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Taurus tried lmao.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I've used Ruger several times for repairs and warranty and I always had to ship the guns back to them on my dime but they always returned them for no charge,

That said, it should be noted that, a couple of the Rugers I've sent back were guns I had damaged and told them I wanted them repaired since they were definitely not warranty situations. Those two of the Rugers were damaged from accidents and I fully expected to pay for all the repairs.  Both of those Rugers were not only repaired back to fully functioning but also refinished them to where they looked new and they did all the those repairs for no charge.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got my super blackhawk hunter 44 mag back from having an unscrewing barrel (2nd revolver in a row with the same problem).  They paid shipping both ways and supposedly replaced the barrel with a new one and the top looks like shit honestly, gouged up in several places and it took almost 2 months.

ETA, I didn't notice the date.  Sorry to bring back an old thread.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Last year they took back my LCP Max twice without me needing to pay. 2nd time they sent me a full refund of what i paid.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Last week I called Ruger about my LC9s releasing the magazine is you put pressure on the bottom of the magazine and then put a little pressure on the mag release.  They said that it was probably the mag release spring.  Since I bought the gun 9 years ago they would charge me $45 for a Fedex call ticket or they would send me a replacement spring and mag release.  I didn't want to put $45 in to it since I'm hoping to upgrade to a Max-9 or a P365 next year.  They sent me the parts for free and after some fumbling around I was able to pop the new spring in.  Hopefully that will fix the problem.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really? It's not super common but it's not unheard of. For some it's situational.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
they may not have a warranty the do however stand behind their product.
View Quote
not my experience , i bought a turd wrangler when they first came out for a tractor gun , got it home the thing was a legit wild child , 16 inches low , hitting everywhere but where i was aiming , checked the crown , checked the bore thinking maybe cerekote fouling the rifling , all looked good , , filed the front sight to get POI up , and im hitting steel right left , low and above where i was aiming off rest

took it back to where i purchased , he sent it back , couple weeks later they sent a brand new turd wrangler , included was a target that said "15 yds off  rest , this matter is closed or resolved i cant remember which" problem is it was a 5 shot group from a 6 shooter and the spread was 6 inches

i get home and never could duplicate their 5 out of 6 on paper , best i could do was 4 on a 12x12 of rest out of 6 with 2 who no wheres they went, around rounds they were spread to the edges of the target , approaching 100 rds i was seeing shades of the previous turd , i could drop 3 on paper out of 6 , i decided i was throwing any more ammo on that POS

i was shooting 4 types of ammo including CCI mini mags  , so i take it back to the shop , hand it to him and said take it home , run it when you get a chance tell me what you think  , couple days later he calls and says , "its not too bad" and wasnt really selling it , i said sell it and the only time i went back was to get my money which was a $40 hit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top