Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2018 9:40:09 PM EDT
I'm trying to settle on either the SR22 or Mark IV Target. What is the pull weight of the DA and SA pull? I have a Ruger SP101 .38 so I know what that pull is like.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally I would get the Mark IV Target.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
They aren't even close too similar. The Ruger MkIV is the better gun.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Mark IV stainless bull barrel model.  Never have even shot the damned thing and may have to sell it.  They are good looking guns, and I like the easy takedown they have for them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you want it for. The SR22 is great for a more standard manual of arms and with a 3.5" barrel works great as a suppressor host that will keep bulk pack subsonic.

The MKIV will be much easier to shoot accurately and have a much bigger aftermarket.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a MK III Hunter with a Volquartson trigger.  Its a much better pistol than my SR22 and a lot more fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I looked at an SR22 today and was impressed. I was thinking it would be a good lightweight pistol to break in new shooters on, especially females. It takes very little effort to rack the slide and has a nice set of sights. I couldn't test to trigger pull because Academy wouldn't take the lock off. They had them for $299 and I have a bunch of gift cards to use. Personal preference would be the Ruger over the S&W or Walther offerings in the same class. I have an old MKI and the difference in weight is staggering.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Not even apples and oranges.   The SR 22 is a nice plinker ,a decent training piece, and moderately tactical.  The Mk IV is a target pistol.  Decide what game you want play then choose the proper tool.

The trigger on the SR22 is decent for what it is.  The Mk IV will be better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top