Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2018 7:55:22 PM EDT
After backing out on a Delta Elite a year ago (and regretting it some), I recently put money down to hold a Ruger SR1911-10 at my local gun store or choice.

I backed out on the Colt due to fears of the non ramped barrel and chamber support concerns.  I want to be able to shoot full power loads and still not wind up in a glock. My second choice would be the Dan Wesson but did not find available when I came across the Ruger.

Price is acceptable to me at $719.  The pistol is most of what I want except for not saying Colt, not being forged, and not having night sights.  I can change the sights and doubt the rest keeps me up at night too much.

Any insight or criticisms of the Ruger I should know about?  I am a 1911 guy and truth be told a little bit of a Colt fanboy.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Hold out for the Dan Wesson. You wont regret it
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Is your plan to shoot it or try to impress people?

I'm betting it will shoot fine.

It's not going to impress people in looks / name or picture threads on the internet.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a .45acp full size Ruger. It's an exceptional shooter and I desire the 10mm.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Not out to buy an heirloom.  Kids are taken care of as far as good toys and guns are concerned.  I am after something reliable.  I am a 1911 guy due to ergonomics and trigger.  I shoot them better.  That said, I am not one of those that has a dozen 1911's that each have 100,000 flawless rounds through each of them.  I have good pistols that shoot ball ammo fine and some that shoot JHP pretty reliably.  The Defender I carry has been tested with defense ammo quite a bit to find out it likes a Hornady load that has proven reliable to me.  My stupid glock 23 eats whatever, I just hate the feel of it in my little girl hands.

Bottom line, I don't want something that is gonna stovepipe or fail to feed just cause the ammo isn't a certain RNB.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#5]
If they perform like the full size 45 counterparts you should be well pleased.    My railed ruger is over 3600 rnds now still chugging along fine mostly reloads.

I wipe it down & grease the rails every 500~1000 rounds.   300 rounds of various HP from HST , gold dot's , american gunner , few others.

It's boringly reliable & dependable everything i like in a gun.

Gun has had two bobbles both with lead reloads and some of my junkier mags i use for training.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I enjoy my SR1911 10mm. It's been accurate and reliable for me.

ETA:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had one for about 6 months now. Almost 1000 rounds down range with no failures. It's also incredibly accurate. For the money I really enjoy it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top