Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2020 3:42:12 PM EDT
Hogue Rubber Mongrip:

Pachmayr Diamond Pro:

Any other suggestions?  115 grn FMJ WWB 9x19mm feels like a rubber hammer fall w/ the stock grips.  I've had wrist issues in the past, so not interested in beating myself up just for fun.  Expectations for the gun are mostly range use and occasional winter pocket carry as a secondary.  Primary will ultimately be a Poly 80 26, so reloads will be from Glock mags.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Hogue are most comfortable
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
VZ grips? Could those work for you?

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Neon_Horse:  VZ grips? Could those work for you?
View Quote

They look kinda hard.  Given I'm beating my hands up already w/ the minimal padding of the factory grips, I'm reluctant to spend more than the Hogue for a harder grip.  Look nice, though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the hogue on my 9mm SP101. It feels very nice. A little big for jeans front pocket carry but I have J frames for that.

Attachment Attached File

I tried a Pachmayr wood grip and the fitment was terrible.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered the Hogue directly from them.  Should be here in a few days, I expect.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]
They are ugly but I am a huge fan of the hogues
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:32:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Makes it look like a larger gun - almost Smith like:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a Hogue for my S&W 442 and it is heads and tails better than what comes on them. My SP101 has the factory grips with different inserts. I may have to get some Hogues for it as well. Hogue makes a great product for the money-very comfortable and rugged. Hogue wood grips, while more expensive are a game changer.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought about wood grips but was surprised at how punishing 9x19mm is with the stock grips.  Hence I opted for rubber.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
I thought about wood grips but was surprised at how punishing 9x19mm is with the stock grips.  Hence I opted for rubber.
View Quote

9mm punishing? Ever shoot 357 magnum? Or bigger?

How do you like the hogues? The SP101 monogrip feels great to me, probably the best feeling grip of all my handguns. (Just my opinion of course)
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Overkill777:  9mm punishing? Ever shoot 357 magnum? Or bigger? 

How do you like the hogues? The SP101 monogrip feels great to me, probably the best feeling grip of all my handguns. (Just my opinion of course)
View Quote

My ol' lady @ A&M got a .44 Magnum S&W for graduation.  He picked up 150 rounds of Magnums & 50 rnds of Specials.  We shot the lot.

By the end of the day, we weren't flinching any more b/c we couldn't feel our hands.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Shot it w/ the Hogues today.  I can hit in single action, but DA is awful.

I'll need to gen up a powderpuff target load to enjoy shooting it, then carry it occasionally w/ the 26 carry load.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top