Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 12:58:46 PM EDT
I have a Blued Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum with the 7.5” barrel.  The barrel has dovetail cuts for adding scope rings.

I’ve been looked for a rail mount that can use there cutouts for mounting.  I’ve seen some similar, but appears those use the front and rear sign mounts rather than the scope dovetails.  This means they are pretty large since they run the entire length of the gun.  

Are there any out there that mount using just the scope mount cuts?

Reminder, this is NOT a Super Redhawk, just a regular Redhawk.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you check jackweigand.com? They make a rail that mounts to the barrel cutouts (yes, for a Redhawk, non-Super). Do you have a Hunter or Single-Six?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you check jackweigand.com? They make a rail that mounts to the barrel cutouts (yes, for a Redhawk, non-Super). Do you have a Hunter or Single-Six?
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m not sure how to answer the part about whether it’s a hunter or single six.  It’s a Redhawk, the double action.  

I’ve looked on their site before but the only thing for the regular Redhawk that I see mounts to the front and rear sight mounts.  Of course you lose your iron sights when you do that.

ETA, well, I went to their site and looked again, but this time I looked under the listing they had for the single action “Hunter” models since you mentioned them.   It says there that it will also fit the old style Redhawk with scope cuts.  

For whatever reason they don’t have it listed under the Redhawk category also.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a Blued Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum with the 7.5” barrel.  The barrel has dovetail cuts for adding scope rings.
View Quote

@ARnTN this is the Picatinny mount you want:

https://www.jackweigand.com/Redhawk_Blackhawk_Bisley_Hunter.html

This scope mount fits ALL HUNTER MODELS including the Single Six Hunter. This scope mount fits the NEW and Older Style Redhawks and Blackhawks Single Six with the integral scope ring cuts in the barrel. This is a no drill and tap scope mount for installation on the cuts made by the Ruger factory. Installs in minutes so you can add the scope or dot sight of your choice.

Accepts all Weaver style rings and accessories and most Picatinny rings and accessories. Screws and washers supplied.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top