Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2020 4:24:47 PM EDT
The slide, that is.  I bought it used, got it home to clean and lubricate and the slide will NOT come off.  Yes, I pushed the slide stop to the left side.  Yes, I pulled the trigger.  Yes, I used all my strength but the slide is not budging.  I'm sure there is a problem with the trigger mechanism but "what" is the question.  Any ideas on how to get the slide off short of returning it to the former owner?
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
there are two tabs that give me issues near the rear of the slide, i think disconnector or such that get hung up in mine sometimes.  They are on the frame.  Thats all I can think of.  Oil that up good and see if that the spot.
Also in mag well, the ejector will (needs to) flip down and can be a hang spot as well.

Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Stick your finger in from the top and push the ejector down and out of the way.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This or in my case, I took off the grip panels (deep cleaning) and lowered it and it came right off.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tpni
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!  I forgot to push the ejector down.  Still, was very sticky coming off.  Tons of burnt powder and crap in the gun.  I have NEVER traded or sold a used gun that was dirty.  I have always cleaned my firearms after use.  This thing hadn't been cleaned since D-Day.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Tpni
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tpni

Actually the 2nd poster said what I said first. He deserves the credit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#7]
the Ruger P series was never meant to be cleaned. only used and fired dirty

I've had mine since 1990 and I don't think I've ever cleaned it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top