Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2020 6:37:20 PM EDT
I just ordered a Mark IV target and from what I've read the trigger isn't great. Apparently there are kits to remove the mag disconnect and something else to improve the trigger. If you done this, what did you use and was it worthwhile? Was it easy to do with basic tools? I won't be competing, but still want to be able to hit what I'm aiming at. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just ordered a Mark IV target and from what I've read the trigger isn't great. Apparently there are kits to remove the mag disconnect and something else to improve the trigger. If you done this, what did you use and was it worthwhile? Was it easy to do with basic tools? I won't be competing, but still want to be able to hit what I'm aiming at. Thanks.
View Quote
Tandemkross and Volquartsen will have what you need and what you want, depending on your budget.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Tandemkross. I never even shot my Mark IV before doing the work to it. It's all pretty straight forward. The videos they make showing you how to do everything featured a 13 or so year old girl doing all of the "gunsmithing". It is my favorite gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty straightforward, anybody can do it honestly; it's not difficult, and all the parts are drop in, with no fitting necessary.

I have one gun with mostly TK parts, the other is a Vol Scorpion...honestly they are both top shelf, but TKs are cheaper...generally speaking though, if both parts are available, I'll buy the Vol.  I've experienced their CS first hand and it is second to none.  I'll pay a premium just to support them, and also, they are in IA, soooo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If I'm following, the TK trigger is just a trigger. The rest of the parts (sear, disconnect, etc.) remain factory so this might not change the overall feel of the trigger pull much. The Vol trigger upgrade replaces pretty much the whole trigger mechanism. Correct or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I'm following, the TK trigger is just a trigger. The rest of the parts (sear, disconnect, etc.) remain factory so this might not change the overall feel of the trigger pull much. The Vol trigger upgrade replaces pretty much the whole trigger mechanism. Correct or am I missing something?
View Quote
Here is my findings but not on a mk4..... on my mk3 lite.... I put in a TK bushing to remove mag safety $10

I put in their Victory trigger, got rid of LCI and also put in a TK extractor.    Recently got a Timney trig scale.... it measures 2.5lbs and I am tickled!!   The bushing gets Rid of three parts!!

Best bang for the buck out there IMO

H
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I put in the Vol trigger and it’s a good improvement but honestly the stock one is not so bad that I think it’s 100% worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I put in the Vol trigger and it’s a good improvement but honestly the stock one is not so bad that I think it’s 100% worth the money.
View Quote
I don't have mine yet but the ones I looked at locally weren't horrible, but the mag disconnect is annoying as is the LCI. I'll shoot it a bit first but probably will pick up the Vol kit. Not sure it takes care of the LCI though (does the iv even have that).
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#8]
TK makes a mag disconnect delete as well as an LCI delete.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]
What's LCI delete?

Loaded chamber indicator?
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What's LCI delete?

View Quote
Yes, which is a moot point since the Mk IV’s don’t have the dreaded LCI.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's LCI delete?

Thanks, was a little confused by that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Does removing the mag safety on the mk IV improve the trigger safety? I know it did on my BHP clone.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I love my MKIV Threaded Target. I was not liking the Factory trigger.

I installed the Volquartsen accuracy kit and now it is sweet light and crisp.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Tandemkross and Volquartsen will have what you need and what you want, depending on your budget.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I installed the TK six pack as well as the Vq trigger and sear on my Mk3 22/45.
The original trigger was awful and I had to use my fingernails to get the mags out.
$150 later she shoots like a dream
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top