Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2018 2:08:54 PM EDT
Tack driver.

Ergonomics are spot on.
New slide release and saftey release are nice.

Disassembly and cleaning is a breeze with the push button break down.

Drop free mags are excellent.

Trigger is much better than my old mkIII 22/45 lite.

Fit and finish are comparable to a MKI.

The bolt assy looks like it would almost interchange.

Super impressed with the quality that is oozing out of this pistol.

It's the nicest thing I have bought in a long time. Reminds me of 1980's S&W  quality and niceness.

Way to go Ruger!

Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Agreed. Mine has been awesome. Fun with a can. Well worth the money.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Have had the opportunity to put a couple hundred rounds through one of those. Suppressed with a red dot, amazing accuracy and loads of fun. Owner removed the lower rail, which looks better in my opinion. Flawless function, accurate, and easy to clean, what's not to like?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the only difference between the mk4 tactical and the mk4 lite is the tactical has the bottom rail?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m trying to convince myself I need one to go with my 22/45 lite i have $500+ into
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the only difference between the mk4 tactical and the mk4 lite is the tactical has the bottom rail?
View Quote
Tactical has a steel upper, Lite is aluminum.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Only problem is those sad little 10 round magazines now that the new Keltec can use 50 rounders.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, the Lite has a thin barrel with an aluminum shroud and frame. The Tactical has a solid steel, bull barrel and frame. Therefore the Tactical is a bit cheaper I think. The rails screw on and off, and I think most MK-IV’s are at least tapped for an upper and lower rail.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#9]
When they first came out l was all ready to pull the trigger on one until l found out that it would not accept my MKIII Mags. My G17G2 can take my G4 G17 mags and vice versa but Ruger expects me to have to buy new mags for theirs. Well Fuck you Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe you can trim the MKlll baseplate to fit the MKlVs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Only problem is those sad little 10 round magazines now that the new Keltec can use 50 rounders.
View Quote
Let's see how many rounds you can fire from those Keltec mags before there's some kind of failure that requires dropping the mag to fix.

50 rounds sounds great, but if I have to clear a failure after every other round, it's worthless.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Let's see how many rounds you can fire from those Keltec mags before there's some kind of failure that requires dropping the mag to fix.

50 rounds sounds great, but if I have to clear a failure after every other round, it's worthless.
View Quote
Kinda lame for cchurchi to rip a great gun you can go buy right now by comparing it to one that no one has any idea when/if they will ever actually make it to market. But I do have a Boner to get a couple of those Keltecs if they ever do come out. My MK IV Tactical has been flawless.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad to hear you guys like them. I just ordered one today and now I'm trying to decide on a red dot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Received mine two weeks ago, mounted a Vortex Venom 3MOA red dot, and after 400 rounds, I agree it's a Tack Driver.  However, at least once per mag I get a FTE with a live round crammed into the feed ramp.  Occurs in both factory mags, gun is cleaned and lubed, and using CCI 40 gr HV Mini-Mags.  I'm going to put a few hundred more rounds through it, and maybe try the magazine buff-job fix.  If it continues I'll send it back to Ruger as I'm sure they'll correct the issue.  I'm not really bummed out as it's a range toy, but questioning Ruger's QC.

BTW - love love love the Vortex. Easy to acquire the dot and dead-on.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Received mine two weeks ago, mounted a Vortex Venom 3MOA red dot, and after 400 rounds, I agree it's a Tack Driver.  However, at least once per mag I get a FTE with a live round crammed into the feed ramp.  Occurs in both factory mags, gun is cleaned and lubed, and using CCI 40 gr HV Mini-Mags.  I'm going to put a few hundred more rounds through it, and maybe try the magazine buff-job fix.  If it continues I'll send it back to Ruger as I'm sure they'll correct the issue.  I'm not really bummed out as it's a range toy, but questioning Ruger's QC.

BTW - love love love the Vortex. Easy to acquire the dot and dead-on.
View Quote
Any updates on this? Ive got my eye on one of these and still in the research process
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
tag for user updates.  Thinking about picking up the Tactical IV version

ETA - has anybody removed the top and/or bottom rail on this pistol?  Was wondering if its relatively easy to find hole-filling screws....

TIA
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
tag for user updates.  Thinking about picking up the Tactical IV version

ETA - has anybody removed the top and/or bottom rail on this pistol?  Was wondering if its relatively easy to find hole-filling screws....

TIA
View Quote
Boss gave me one as a gift recently.

I emailed Ruger that evening lol, asking for filler screws. They had them in the mail next day. Easy peasy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top