Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2018 11:00:17 PM EDT
Is there such a thing as larger mags for these Rugers MK4's?
You'd think someone would have come out with one by now, or even better a drum

Been shooting these Rugers for years. Recently picked up a 22/45 Lite and love it but quickly remembered why I slowed down using them. 10 rounds sucks!
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:29:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope. There are no current production higher capacity mags for any of the mk's. There were a couple 13 round mags made some years ago, not by Ruger. You can mod your factory mags to take 12 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#2]
How do you mod them?

I tried to remove a spacer from some M&P .22 mags the aluminum spacer is glued to plastic base plates. Was afraid I'd break the plastic.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#3]
TandemKross sells a +1 follower.  I have a set of them and they seem to be a hit or miss for jams.

Link Here
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TandemKross sells a +1 follower.  I have a set of them and they seem to be a hit or miss for jams.

Link Here
View Quote
Thanks. Probably not worth it for one extra round and if they don't work as well as OEM.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I''ve run 3/4 mags for 3/4 summers in mine and very little problems. The +1 is great, slide another in and its +1+1 sooooo. Tandemkross is great with all there products and it has spring release which is nice.
tex
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a pcture once where a guy welded 2 mags together.  Said it held 22 and was mostly reliable.

My solution has been to just buy 10 exta mags and a mcfadden speed loader.  Mags can be had for 13 apiece if you wait for deals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top