Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2020 9:58:19 PM EDT
My wife's latest addition, a like new SS Ruger MK III Target. I don't care for the loaded chamber indicator or the mag safety and those will be going bye bye before long. I would have preferred the blued Mk II Target right next to it at the LGS but this is the one she wanted. It is an outstanding shooter tho.

Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats to her!

The III is the best generation in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I like my Mk III.  Tandemkross should have the parts you need.

Detail strip while you're in there and polish the various parts of the fire control group.  Lube with moly grease.  Doing so yielded a great trigger without replacing hammer or sear.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like my Mk III.  Tandemkross should have the parts you need.

Detail strip while you're in there and polish the various parts of the fire control group.  Lube with moly grease.  Doing so yielded a great trigger without replacing hammer or sear.
View Quote

Already have them bookmarked.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Already have them bookmarked.
View Quote

Tandemkross is good but personally I’d start with the VQ competition kit and then fill in the rest of the parts with TK (or more VQ parts).
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Tandemkross is good but personally I’d start with the VQ competition kit and then fill in the rest of the parts with TK (or more VQ parts).
View Quote

It doesn't need all that. It's just my wife's plinker.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It doesn't need all that. It's just my wife's plinker.
View Quote

If you change your mind, Volquartsen is clearancing out Mk III parts on their ebay page.  Half price accurizing kit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you change your mind, Volquartsen is clearancing out Mk III parts on their ebay page.  Half price accurizing kit.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Just like mine---all I've done is put on G10 grips and remove the mag disconnect---nice gun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven’t been happy with the tandem cross parts I’ve bought.  I’m a huge volquartsen fan though!  I feel like the tandem cross parts aren’t near as good quality and same pricing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top