Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2020 8:21:19 PM EDT
Which one? I am looking at both- I actually have an LCR .22, well, it's my wife's gun, with the Crimson Trace grips. I borrow it when bike riding or when we go kayaking due to it's light weight and sweat resistance.... Last week I had it on me kayaking when I flipped and it was submerged. Fortunately it's fine after I took it apart and dried it out!

So, I was looking to find another LCR .22 w/out the CT grips to call my own, and saw the LCPII .22 today. The prices on the LCR's are ridiculous these days, and I can get a new LCPII for ~ $300.

The LCPII I handled today was at Rural King, and they have the trigger locks on them, so I couldn't get a good feel for it but I really liked the size.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of the LCP II .22's and it is  a great little pistol but they seem to be a crap shoot on reliability. When it goes bang everything works perfectly and it is surprisingly accurate. Mine, and many others I see from internet searches, has a light strike issue. Next time I go to the range I am going to put a couple hundred through it and see if it gets any better. If not, back to the mothership it goes until it works right. If it was reliable I would carry it when walking the dogs. It is perfect for putting into your pocket. The safety is easy to disengage and with the front sight painted with the neon color of your choice, the sights work well.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks- I’ll do some reading on the web about the light strikes.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#3]
My LCP22 has been awesome.
I think I've had 5 misfires in about 1k. Which is on par with my MKIV & p3at.  4 of those were with some old ammo that has known issues.

I've never shot a gun this small that shoots this well.
10yd mag dumps on a 3in bull and all rounds in 10ring.  

It's become my walkin round the house gun.  Also as my trail gun.  

Shoots quiets great @10yds. Poa/poi is dead on.  

I have plans to use this in my local SF as my "kit gun"  
Once this virus thing is over it'll see some field usage.
I do wish the sights were a little bigger, and the rear was adjustable for windage (mine is perfect, But it would be nice)  i added some neon green paint to the front. And it helps alot.

I'm completely satisfied with mine.   I paid 270 & got a 2pack of mags.

*my local range is 10yd max for handguns.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice! Thanks, psegatelli-

I read a bunch of reviews and posts on these last night, and it seems about 70/30 awesome to very good, but some problems, with one dude who traded his back to the gunshop due to ‘problematic’ complaints. One of the employees then loaded it, topped off the mag, went back t to their range and fired 11 rounds without a problem.

I’m going to grab one of these- just shopping for the best price now. They were $309 at Rural King, KygunCo is about $8.00 cheaper, but I think they will price match, and I have seen them as low as $258 online at other brick-mortar stores...
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine did have an excessive amount of misfires.  He said about 80% misfire rate.
Turns out he chipped his firing pin. He thinks its from dry firing. Ruger says no. But, he's there with a chipped fp & a shiny spot on his chamber mouth.

Ruger shipped him a new FP. And he now uses a wall anchor to dry fire.

I went thru my notes and did have other failures that were directly related to ammo.
Stovepiping on 22shorts
Failure to eject crimped Federal snakeshot.  I had to use a rod to get it out.

I can hand cycle quiets and they shoot to the sights @ 10yds.  That made me happy.  Be a nice pot filler for when I'm carrying while deer hunting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe I have convinced myself to get one of these tomorrow. I sold a couple thing in the EE to fund it, so I have to move quick before the wife finds out...
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A friend of mine did have an excessive amount of misfires.  He said about 80% misfire rate.
Turns out he chipped his firing pin. He thinks its from dry firing. Ruger says no. But, he's there with a chipped fp & a shiny spot on his chamber mouth.
View Quote

Pulled my firing pin out last night. Pin in good shape. Ran a 9/64 drill bit down the channel by hand to check for burrs or trash. Nothing found. Going to have to wait until my next range trip to see if anything changes.

If anyone remembers, save a fired shell and take a pic of the strike mark. I would like to see if there is any difference to what I am getting.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know for sure if these fit the LCP II .380 holster? Are they exactly the same size/specs?

I have googled and cannot come up with a definitive answer...
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 12:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does anyone know for sure if these fit the LCP II .380 holster? Are they exactly the same size/specs?

I have googled and cannot come up with a definitive answer...
View Quote

Lcp 2. Yes
Lcp & p3at. No
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lcp 2. Yes
Lcp & p3at. No
View Quote

great, thanks!

I ended up ordering one online...I did my best to 'shop local' - Rural King has them in stock at $310 and won't budge on it. After shipping and giving my buddy $10 to do the transfer it is still $35 less. That's a 2-pack of mags for it!

...now to holster shop...
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Got it!

I ordered from Locked & Loaded online. I’ll definitely buy from them again. Not only were they in stock, it was at my FFL 2 days later. I’ve already picked up two mags for it and ordered a DeSantis holster...

I’m hoping I can go shoot one day this week- I need to try this out and also a Glock I (re)built...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top