Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2020 6:30:21 PM EDT
Was in LGS and noticed a semi auto LCP II chambered for .22LR. Interesting because it is a lock breach pistol. Any reports either good or bad about it? Small package with 10+1 capacity.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one coming in. Looks neat.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:26:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Love mine.

I haven't had any issues.  Shoots great. Has been reliable.  
The sights on mine are well regulated for 40gr @1250fps. (Mini Mags, Blazer, Wildcats, etc)

LCP is the semi. LCR is the revolver.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Needs threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one several months ago.  It is my daily carry gun in my front pants pocket.  I am retired and live in small city in Central Utah so we don't have much of a problem with crime, and it is more of "a small gun in the pocket beats the big gun at home" kind of thing.  I went on ebay and bought a pair of extra magazine carriers that clip onto the outside of pants and the magazine sits in the pocket.  They were 3d printed and the clip promptly broke so I took a couple of old cell phone clips and riveted them to the carrier.  Snug fit and the mag carriers have never worked loose.  They are carried in the offside front pocket.  I have run about 500-1000 rounds through the gun since purchase and while there were a couple of light strikes no fire at first there haven't been any problems since.  Accuracy is minute of pop can out to about 20 yards or so which okay by me.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was in LGS and noticed a semi auto LCR II chambered for .22LR. Interesting because it is a lock breach pistol. Any reports either good or bad about it? Small package with 10+1 capacity.
View Quote

Picked mine up yesterday. What's your LGS price on it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Local price is $308 before tax and background fee. Have two other local shops could check with. As pointed out above, I meant LCP.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine lots.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#8]
https://lockedloaded.com/product/product-rug-13705#product_detail

shipping is $14, and it was at my FFL in two days.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was in LGS and noticed a semi auto LCR II chambered for .22LR. Interesting because it is a lock breach pistol. Any reports either good or bad about it? Small package with 10+1 capacity.
View Quote

Actually, they are unlocked breech, straight-blowback. The .22 and the .380 share a lot of the same parts, and they look a lot alike.

The reviews I've read from owners have been almost all positive. I'd like to get one.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actually, they are unlocked breech, straight-blowback. The .22 and the .380 share a lot of the same parts, and they look a lot alike.

The reviews I've read from owners have been almost all positive. I'd like to get one.

View Quote

Didn’t realize that. Figured that since the barrel tilted in and out of the slide that it locked to the slide when in battery.

Update: went back to LGS and inspected closely. The forward part of the barrel in the ejection port is slightly tapered downward and is about 3/32” forward of the port when closed. I guess for reliability in a .22LR blowback is better. Barrel still tilts like the .380 version when the slide is back.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I have had mine for about 3 months.  It has shot flawless with over 1000 rounds of CCI 36 grain minimags.  It will hang up and have some missfires on the 40 grain cheaper bulk stuff, but eats up most 36 grain bulk.  40 grain CCI minimags had some ftf and jams as well, which make me think it prefers the lighter bullets. The Tap,Rack,Ready malfunction drill for misfires will always produce a double feed and not clear the weapon, so you have to remember to treat every malfunction as a double feed malfunction, remove mag, clear chamber, and such.
All and all, it is a great little gun, and I carry it with 36 grain minimags because of their outstanding reliability.  To me this is the perfect little 22 pistol.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By kokopelli:
https://lockedloaded.com/product/product-rug-13705#product_detail

shipping is $14, and it was at my FFL in two days.
View Quote

I like to do business locally, but that's a really good price. Does LL charge sales tax?

@kokopelli
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Picked one up about a month ago.
Little gun runs very well.
I like it.
Sights aren’t great but it’s quite accurate.
I’ve some kind xtra mags on the way.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RTX:

I like to do business locally, but that's a really good price. Does LL charge sales tax? 

@kokopelli
View Quote

Nope! And my FFL only charger $10 to transfer. Win/win.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Nope! And my FFL only charger $10 to transfer. Win/win.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTX:

I like to do business locally, but that's a really good price. Does LL charge sales tax? 

@kokopelli

Nope! And my FFL only charger $10 to transfer. Win/win.

Okay, great, thanks. You're right, that's sure a win/win.

I've done something incredibly stupid and sold off some guns, and now find myself with only one .22 handgun. I think this might be what I need to start rebuilding, plus, I think my wife will really like it. That will be a win/win for me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Bought mine about two months ago. Fun and reliable little gun. We shot some ballistic gell with it, Stinger performed the best. Been carrying it in my front pocket when I wear shorts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been thinking about one for tossing in the day pack when hiking.  Light and small.  May jump soon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:24:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BallisticTip:
Needs threaded barrel.
View Quote

YES
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HAGDADDY:
I've been thinking about one for tossing in the day pack when hiking.  Light and small.  May jump soon.
View Quote

Exact reason why I got mine.

Mine shoots exceptionally well. And I'm sad to say it. Much better than my Single Six.

Wish the safety went up & down thou. It's taken alot for me to train the way it goes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Dave_Markowitz:

Actually, they are unlocked breech, straight-blowback. The .22 and the .380 share a lot of the same parts, and they look a lot alike.

The reviews I've read from owners have been almost all positive. I'd like to get one.

View Quote

Actually...it's not. The barrel and the slide move back together for about an 8th of an inch before the barrel unlocks from the slide to continue on backward, which makes it a delayed blowback firearm...which is good, in that it recoils less but bad in that it may have some problems with a suppressor hanging off the barrel when threaded barrels do finally materialize, as the weight of the suppressor will interfere with the barrel tilting up.
Time for someone to invent a tiny Nielsen device?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I was in my local Scheels this morning to just waste some time and wound up walking out the door with an lcp 22 for $246 "used". Looked like it had never been fired! Took it out to the range today and put about 220 rounds through it. A mixture of CCI SV and federal champion 36gr. Had quite a few malfunctions. 2 failure to go in to battery, 2 times it locked the slide back with 1 round in the mag, and 6 or 7 failure to feeds. I'm going to buy a few magazines and some mini mags and see if that remedies the issues or not. All in all, it's a really fun gun to shoot, and accurate to boot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#22]
FYI im 500+ rounds thru my LCP 22. Mostly Blazer bulk. Accuracy went to poop so i broke it down and found a ton of lead in the bore. some bore cleaner and heavy scrubbing and it was out and back to accurate.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was in my local Scheels this morning to just waste some time and wound up walking out the door with an lcp 22 for $246 "used". Looked like it had never been fired! Took it out to the range today and put about 220 rounds through it. A mixture of CCI SV and federal champion 36gr. Had quite a few malfunctions. 2 failure to go in to battery, 2 times it locked the slide back with 1 round in the mag, and 6 or 7 failure to feeds. I'm going to buy a few magazines and some mini mags and see if that remedies the issues or not. All in all, it's a really fun gun to shoot, and accurate to boot.
View Quote

I think I have read every post about this gun on multiple forums, and it seems that the number 1 factor for reliability is cleaning before firing the first time...
I still have not been able to go shoot mine yet, so I can't say with first-person certainty, but again, all of the malfunctions others have had went away after a good cleaning and lubing...
The indoor range close to me has re-opened so I plan on going tomorrow- I'll report back.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Needs threaded barrel.
View Quote

In that case, I'm out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#25]
love mine lots
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#26]
I liked my first one so much I went bought a second one before the Covid shut down our gun shows. Both pistols are reliable with CCI plated ammo and I’ve had 100% reliability with Remington Yellow Jackets. The guns are mostly reliable with bulk ammo. With good ammo I would feel comfortable carrying one of them.

Also, they are fantastic training pistols for my 14 year old daughter and her younger cousin.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#27]
My LCR 2 .22lr had 4 light strikes and 5 failures to feed in the first 30 rounds.  After shooting 20 CCI Velocitors, the light strikes and most of the failures to feed stopped.  The little pistol ran 100% with CCI 40gr mini mags, CCI 40gr Velocitors, CCI 40gr Standard Velocity, Aquila 40gr Super Extra, and Browning 40gr. BPR Performance Rimfire. Winchester bulk 36gr still had a failure to feed every mag or two.
After the break-in period, the pistol is running fine and is fairly accurate.  The Mini Mags and Velocitors are holding around an inch at 10 yards, group of 5, POA=POI. Water bottles were not safe at 35 yards.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I am very happy with mine. I had an LCP 2 in 380 and I had a problem with the mags dropping even after I put a stronger spring in it. Combination of high-powered rounds and my large hand on a little gun was just too much and I kept pulling the Mags out also didn't help that I left handed hitting the mag release. Installing a Hogue grip helped some. I have none of those problems when I bought the LCP 2 in 22. I really like mine and especially like the extra couple of rounds that it carries. Is in my pocket just about every day. I sold the lcp2 in 384 for 50 bucks more than I paid for it new a few months ago and got a pretty good deal on the 22 so all in all I'm very happy.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#29]
One way I have fun at our monthly club match is to let the other shooters choose my pistol or carbine for each match, and I run their choice.  This month I threw the LPC .22lr in the stack, and it was chosen.  We were all surprised when the scores were collected and I placed 3rd out of 11 shooters. The little pistol was a hoot on the plate rack.  I only had one failure, failure to fire (Fed bulk 36gr), during the match.  The LPC II .22lr is growing on me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine I just picked up on Saturday. I normally carry an lcp2 380 as my around town pocket carry. Shot a match on Saturday and managed first place in the side match where the .22 was the prize. I never saw a malfunction while waiting my turn to shot the pistol. They were using mini mags so that helps. I will be putting the little gun through it’s paces in the next couple weeks and report back. All my current in stock ammo is standard velocity so will be interesting to see if it will run it.
Examining the gun does tilt lock the barrel to the slide just like the 380. I think it is the first locked breech 22 I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Examining the gun does tilt lock the barrel to the slide just like the 380. I think it is the first locked breech 22 I have ever seen.
View Quote

The LCP 22lr has less residue and fouling due to the locked-breech/delayed blowback. Usually, my Buckmark and other blow-back .22lrs are filthy and gritty after a match, the LCP was fairly clean after the last match.  
The tilting barrel design might be an issue if you have the barrel threaded and hang a suppressor off of it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Kydex pocket holster i made for the .22. i use this as a cheap trainer for my 380 version

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top