Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2018 8:11:23 PM EDT
I'm looking for a decent kydex AIWB holster for my LCP to replace my current leather holster.  Something fairly minimalist with a 1.5 belt clip.  Most of my go-to holster manufactures don't seem to make LCP holsters.  The Vedder LightTuck seems to fit the bill, but I'm wondering what else is out there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with the Vedder if you want a tuckable clip.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I got mine for my LCP II from Bradford Tactical Holsters. Took about two weeks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered one for my LCP II from https://wingmanholsters.com.

Should be here Friday or Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a WeThePeople holster for my LCP II.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a overly fat boy and don't AIWB but I've seen a lot of people recommend the LightTuck for AIWB.  I do have one for my Sig P290RS and one for my Sig P250C; both of which I carry around 3:00 and can't recommend them enough for their numerous good traits.  They're also not stupidly priced and have a short lead time and good shipping time.

Caveat - I wear a BigFoot 14oz steel lined gunbelt and need to order the LightTuck's with their 1-3/4" clips for them to work on my gunbelt.  The clips are tightly sized.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:43:13 AM EDT
[#6]
crazy as it sounds, for small guns I really like the cheap soft uncle mikes iwb holsters for aiwb. Very comfortable, easy to draw, great at keeping sweat off the gun. I have lots of great custom holsters for larget guns and a few for smaller guns, but often still use the cheap iwb for the smaller stuff.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
crazy as it sounds, for small guns I really like the cheap soft uncle mikes iwb holsters for aiwb. Very comfortable, easy to draw, great at keeping sweat off the gun. I have lots of great custom holsters for larget guns and a few for smaller guns, but often still use the cheap iwb for the smaller stuff.
View Quote
Carrying AIWB with a holster that doesn't have a reinforced mouth for re-holstering seems like the begins of a how I shot my dick off thread.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Carrying AIWB with a holster that doesn't have a reinforced mouth for re-holstering seems like the begins of a how I shot my dick off thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just use common sense and don't reholster until I can do it carefully. If I need to get it out of my hand quickly I'd throw it in an empty pocket.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:34:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I hear this a lot "have to be able to reholster it!" BS. You have all the time in the world to reholster. If you are reholstering, the threat is over. Take your time.
It's all these idiotic "yank, fire, ram into holster" videos, trying to mimic a western quick draw, that are utter nonsense.
I like Kydex holsters, and that's all I use. But I'd never tell someone NOT to use a soft shell holster for the reason of reholstering (for the above mentioned reasons).
It's quite easy (and even something people often do with AIWB hard holsters). The answer is... wait for it... TAKE THE HOLSTER OFF. Yep, you take the holster off, reholster, and put the holster back. BAM! Solved. No dick shot, no femoral artery bleed out, nothing.

I blame all these super duper tactical overacting videos for people thinking reholstering is a "thing". It's not. You draw, end the threat, then take all the time you need/want to reholster it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:11:21 AM EDT
[#10]
You'd have to be poll vaulting while reholstering to accidentally pull the trigger on a LCP.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:45:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You'd have to be poll vaulting while reholstering to accidentally pull the trigger on a LCP.
View Quote
Which is why I don't like the LCP II. I love my LCP (first gen) BECAUSE of it's "safe" long pull trigger. I'll never understand why people want a normal short travel trigger (like the LCP II) on a pocket gun. It's crazy.
I almost feel that way about my P365. It's controls are all "full size" feeling (light short trigger, full size slide release, etc), but it's in a fumbling small package. Fortunately, it's not quite as small as an LCP. People need to keep in mind that super small pistols exaggerate any mishandling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top