Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2019 8:32:33 PM EDT
Picked up one of these today at RK.

$209 hard to pass. Haven't shot yet, just curious on others thoughts on it generally.

Mainly wondering if anyone has decent holster recommendations for IWB.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one. It was reliable, but I did not shoot it well. Others I know have had great success with theirs.

Traded it in on a P365.

If you find you don't shoot it well, but still want a compact Ruger, check out the Security 9 Compact.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one. It was reliable, but I did not shoot it well. Others I know have had great success with theirs.

Traded it in on a P365.

If you find you don't shoot it well, but still want a compact Ruger, check out the Security 9 Compact.
View Quote
Thanks. I can shoot better with my tiny LCP2 than my Shield lol.

This thing seems like a 9mm sized LCP so hoping it shoots well for me. Will find out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Not a ton of difference
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:54:20 AM EDT
[#4]
The Ruger EC9s is the only handgun I own right now. I do have the Hogue HandALL grip sleeve installed. The trigger is great for a striker fired pistol this size and I shoot it exceptionally well considering the rudimentary sights.

For a holster I use this and love it

Clip Draw
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s my primary carry gun in the warmer months, talon grip works extremely well on it.
I’m using a plain Jane Blackhawk Tec grip 04 sticky holster.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#6]
They're nice little guns.

I'd be interested to hear if your experience was different than mine.

I'm a huge Ruger fan, and I currently own a 10/22, a P89, a Gen1 LCP, a Mark IV, a GP 100 and a Security 9.

So, you can imagine my disappointment when I found I didn't shoot well with the EC9.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They're nice little guns.

I'd be interested to hear if your experience was different than mine.

I'm a huge Ruger fan, and I currently own a 10/22, a P89, a Gen1 LCP, a Mark IV, a GP 100 and a Security 9.

So, you can imagine my disappointment when I found I didn't shoot well with the EC9.
View Quote
I didn't think of it until reading your post but I own quite a few ruger guns as well.

3 10/22's, a mk3 and mkiv pistol, this LCP2, and half a dozen old single action big bore revolvers lol.

I'm going to shoot the EC9 today at some point, but we're getting Hammered with snow here in Central MO. I'll shoot once it let's up some.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 11:33:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I also had one.  Nice gun.  Reliable and accurate.  Recoil was fine also.  I did sell it, not due anything being wrong with the gun.  I just decide Aluminum 38 revolvers are best for me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one find it very easy to shoot for as small as it is
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone pocket carry one?

I'd love a P365 but my budget is inline with EC9s.

I'm limited to 10rds so 7+1 vs 10+1. 3rds does not seem worth 300more.

Plus I see there are 9rd mags available. Which would be nice for home use and reload.

My edc now is a P3AT.  So I'd like to go up to a 9 again
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone pocket carry one?

Plus I see there are 9rd mags available. Which would be nice for home use and reload.

View Quote
I haven’t pocket carried the EC9s, but I can say buy with confidence.

I was suprised that my wife and I both like it over the P365... she tends to have expensive taste when it comes to guns.

Only mods have been a grip sleeve and painted sights.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was suprised that my wife and I both like it over the P365... she tends to have expensive taste when it comes to guns.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone pocket carry one?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trying to decide if I need/want a grip sleeve. Are you using the Hogue?
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try a piece of inner tube.  I get them nearly free. Then if u like it buy the Hogue or whatever
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 10:08:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Picked up one of these today at RK.

$209 hard to pass. Haven't shot yet, just curious on others thoughts on it generally.

Mainly wondering if anyone has decent holster recommendations for IWB.
View Quote
I have an original LC9 (the hammer fired ones everyone hated...except me) and I usually carry it in a cheap Galco AIWB leather holster.  Damn thing's super comfortable and disappears stupid easily.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone pocket carry one?

View Quote
I pocket carry one in a Desantis holster. We added a hogue grip sleeve and glue on luminescent sites to improve contrast, it’s been 100% reliable for hundreds of rounds. I don’t like the heavy trigger pull but for $200 it’s a very good carry gun.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, OP? How's it shoot?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Well. Took a good look at one today. Trigger wasn't bad at all, sights seem useable, safety operates like my 22/45 (i shoot that gun alot) and overall I liked it so I put it on layaway.
Should have it in a couple of weeks.

Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, OP? How's it shoot?
View Quote
Lol sorry. Only shot one mag thru it. We've had pretty nasty weather lately.

Just too nasty and muddy to be on the yard much.

Will update soon.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I carry mine in a Bianchi 100 Professional.
Works good for me.Needs oiling to fit good.
Was damn sad to see they are heche in mehico now.
Will not buy anymore.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well. Took a good look at one today. Trigger wasn't bad at all, sights seem useable, safety operates like my 22/45 (i shoot that gun alot) and overall I liked it so I put it on layaway.
Should have it in a couple of weeks.

View Quote
Got a bonus so I took it home.

Got 2 9rd mags and a pocket holster on the way.

Also have HST in 147gr, 124gr +p. Rem Golden Sabers 147gr Bonded, Ranger T 127gr +p+  to try it out with.  Plus a plethora of Fmj.

I like the orange dummy mag.  Was doing some dryfire and it comes in handy with the mag disconnect and not hitting the slide lock.

Love the trigger pull!  10x better than my old CM9.
Mag disconnect isn't awesome, but I've delt with worse things in my life.  Sights need paint but my eyes suck.

The safety is easy to disengage but requires a bit of force to engage. Anyone else see this??

Hoping I can hit the range soon!
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Finally put some rounds thru the one I bought for the daughter.

100 rounds IMI FMJ, 0 failures.

Switched to 147 grain Winchester Rangers and has 2 failures to feed on first mag. Slide went right over the round in the mag.

Stripped cleaned and relubed.

Then 40 more Rangers and 40 Federal HST 124s with zero failures.

She's gonna have to buy me some ammo.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Shot mine today.  150rds. 5 stoppages but I think I'm hitting the slide lock.

Overall I'm very pleased with this pistol.  Fixed sights shot very good. Could use some paint but I didn't find them to be hard to shoot with.

Can't wait for my mags to come in. Thank God for Maglula!! 1 mag is tiring!!!

Sooooo much easier to shoot than my Jframe.  As much as I like carrying my 640, I can't keep up with it anymore.  When I could shoot 2x a week I was great.  Now if I shoot 2x a month It's a great month.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Shot another 150 yesterday.  Same stoppages.  Slide locks back with rounds in mag.
Definitely not my grip or me hitting the slide stop. Something internal is.  Just happens randomly with various rounds in mag.

Had it happen with all 3 of my mags.
Fmj & jhp 115gr-147gr.

Emailed Ruger.  Will update.

Other than this I love the pistol.  124gr +p HST shot best with the fixed sights POA/POI and grouping.  Safety lever lightened up to where I can engage it with just my thumb.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shot another 150 yesterday.  Same stoppages.  Slide locks back with rounds in mag.
Definitely not my grip or me hitting the slide stop. Something internal is.  Just happens randomly with various rounds in mag.

Had it happen with all 3 of my mags.
Fmj & jhp 115gr-147gr.

Emailed Ruger.  Will update.

Other than this I love the pistol.  124gr +p HST shot best with the fixed sights POA/POI and grouping.  Safety lever lightened up to where I can engage it with just my thumb.
View Quote
I would normally assume mag issue, but happening at the same frequency with all 3 seems to say otherwise.

Hopefully Ruger gets back to you quickly.

Did you inspect the underside of slide really well? No obvious reason apparent I guess?

Looking forward to update.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Do u have the junky USA mags or are they "made in Italy"?
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I would normally assume mag issue, but happening at the same frequency with all 3 seems to say otherwise.

Hopefully Ruger gets back to you quickly.

Did you inspect the underside of slide really well? No obvious reason apparent I guess?

Looking forward to update.
View Quote
Called Ruger they want it back.

Quoted:
Do u have the junky USA mags or are they "made in Italy"?
View Quote
Ruger Factory. Marked Made in USA.

Other than the slide locking back the mags work well.  Lock in tight.  No misfeeds.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Got it back today.  Replaced slide stop spring. Repaired barrel. Looks like they polished the feedramp. Test fired w/ 25rds Black Hills fmj,

Hopefully I can shoot it Sat amd see how it is.

Eta.  Shot it a little.  50rd box of Win NATO.
No issues.  Will shoot it more before I carry it but it looks promising
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#29]
I have one on the way.  I too wanted a P365 or Hellcat, but my budget was more agreeable for the $199 EC9s.

I pocket carry my wife’s LCPII quite a bit, so I wanted something similar in form.

Hoping I get one without issue, but the Ruger CS factor did weigh in as well, knowing they’ll take care of me.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have one on the way.  I too wanted a P365 or Hellcat, but my budget was more agreeable for the $199 EC9s.

I pocket carry my wife’s LCPII quite a bit, so I wanted something similar in form.

Hoping I get one without issue, but the Ruger CS factor did weigh in as well, knowing they’ll take care of me.
View Quote
I really like mine.   I can't ask for much more.   I think I paid 260.00 OTD.

Get xtra mags.  It only has 1 with it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I really like mine.   I can't ask for much more.   I think I paid 260.00 OTD.

Get xtra mags.  It only has 1 with it.
View Quote
Yep, gonna order a 2-pack.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Picked mine up Wednesday.  I like it better than I thought I might.  It’s a great size.  I have a Desantis Nemesis on the way and will be picking up some spare mags.  I think I’ll also add some paint to the front sight.

Definitely a good buy at $179.99.  Heading to the range tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top