Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2022 3:54:23 PM EDT
I’m curious to know if this model of the Blackhawk has been discontinued, model 0477 the 45 Colt/ACP Wiley Clapp Carryhawk:

Anyone know? I’ve never seen any in stock anywhere in a physical store or online, I’m starting to question whether that’s due to high demand or because they no longer make them
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Still on their website.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Are any Blackhawks still in production?
I've got several watch listed, and whenever I do a search, I can't find much of anything for sale.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are any Blackhawks still in production?
I've got several watch listed, and whenever I do a search, I can't find much of anything for sale.
View Quote

That’s a fair point. Not many models available much of anywhere these days
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Still on their website.
View Quote

Yeah but a lot of companies leave discontinued models on their website for quite a while, doesn’t necessarily mean much
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn’t know I needed one till I saw it.  If only it was in 44 to match my lever gun.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Didn’t know I needed one till I saw it.  If only it was in 44 to match my lever gun.
View Quote

@compuvette - Funny you should mention that

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=RUSBH444SLAB

The 45 Blackhawk is the same frame size as the 44 Super Blackhawk, so just about anything that is offered in one caliber will be available in the other.

Model #0875. But good luck finding one anywhere
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 6:44:56 AM EDT
[#7]
You're likely going to have to find that online and order it blind.  Many shops don't want to take the financial liability of an extremely niche product that will likely sit on their shelves for a while and only get fondled occasionally, but enough to generate enough of a turn line that purists won't want THAT one (will want a fresh in box new one), and most other people will get turned off by .45 instead of .44 or a more common chambering, or who will find the birds head with the shitty thin "gunfighter" grips horrible, etc.

Thats how it worked what seems like a lifetime ago when I ran a counter, and is likely how it still works today with most independent shops.

That that is a TALO exclusive probably doesn't help, as it crimps down on the supply side of things as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You're likely going to have to find that online and order it blind.  Many shops don't want to take the financial liability of an extremely niche product that will likely sit on their shelves for a while and only get fondled occasionally, but enough to generate enough of a turn line that purists won't want THAT one (will want a fresh in box new one), and most other people will get turned off by .45 instead of .44 or a more common chambering, or who will find the birds head with the shitty thin "gunfighter" grips horrible, etc.

Thats how it worked what seems like a lifetime ago when I ran a counter, and is likely how it still works today with most independent shops.

That that is a TALO exclusive probably doesn't help, as it crimps down on the supply side of things as well.
View Quote

Yeah every gun I’ve purchased in the last decade has been bought online and sent to my local FFL, so I’m not uncomfortable with that process. I’m not surprised I’ve never seen one locally, I just can’t find them in stock anywhere online either and that’s generally not a good sign
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#9]
It seems like ruger isn't making any single actions besides wranglers.  I haven't seen anything available for a long time.  Not sure what the deal is. I'd like one of those 44s too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It seems like ruger isn't making any single actions besides wranglers.  I haven't seen anything available for a long time.  Not sure what the deal is. I'd like one of those 44s too.
View Quote

They make what people want to buy.  Higher end single actions are going to be a slow mover.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the official response I got from the company:

Our production schedules vary based on a variety of factors, including demand and availability of components. This product is on our production schedule, but understand that due to recent unprecedented demand, product availability has been difficult across all product lines.
View Quote

So, not terrible news. Basically “we make a lot of different guns and a lot of people want them so we’re working on it”
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Thats what I got from Ruger a few years ago as well.  They seem to tool up for particular models and run however many.  Then tear dow and retool for whatever is next on the list.  Pretty much like every company I worked for.  

If you put an order for one in I have no doubt you'd get it.  When you'd get it is a whole different critter.  

I've been interested in this same gun ever since I first saw it.  I hated it but then slowly it began to grow on me.  I'd probably buy one if I had the extra $$.  I do love my Wiley Clapp GP100 so having it's eccentric cousin from the Arizona badlands makes sense lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top