Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2021 2:07:24 PM EDT
I have been thinking about picking up a Blackhawk in .357 with the 9mm extra cylinder and there are none to be found.  I know demand is through the roof but I was surprised I could not find one in stock in person or on-line.  I could see firearms like Glock 17/19 being hard to find but a single action Ruger, I am surprised.

Even looking for a used one on Gunbroker the pickings are slim.

To keep this thread somewhat technical:  assuming I can find a new one at some point is the quality as good as a vintage one I might buy on gunbroker/pawn shop/LGS.

I have seen some reasonable prices on the plain .357 model, just can't find a convertible model. I would even settle for either barrel length (but prefer the longer model # 0318).
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy picked one up right after Christmas. But I have no help for you, sorry.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The new model convertibles are very good quality.  Mines a .45 Colt/ACP but same thing.  I have the stainless Blackhawk Bisley convertible and it's a beast.  They'll definitely out last the person shooting them.

It seems like the convertible model Ruger single actions, be they .357mag/9mm, .45Colt/ACP or .22LR/WMR (I have one of these too), have become extremely popular during this shortage.  I hope you find one!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been trying to find a 10mm/.40 convertible Blackhawk for a half decent price with no luck too. Just bought a Single Six convertible .22lr/.23 mag for msrp and felt lucky to get it. Tough time to be looking. Hope it settles down before the next election.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a flattop 4 5/8" .357/9, and it was hard to get ahold of under normal circumstances.  The ability to switch from 9mm to .357 was kind of nice when 9mm became unobtanium but before .38 and .357 did.

Just check gun.deals all the time, and be ready to buy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#6]
For me it’s was the wrong time to get the single action revolver bug All the ones I’m drooling over are sold out everywhere, want a Cimarron El Malo 2 45 Colt 3.5”
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
There’s a blued 6.5 convertible for sale local to me that was posted today for $750.
I bought my .357/9mm convertible 4-5/8 stainless for somewhere around $600 maybe 2 years ago.  Good luck Op.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have been thinking about picking up a Blackhawk in .357 with the 9mm extra cylinder and there are none to be found.  I know demand is through the roof but I was surprised I could not find one in stock in person or on-line.  I could see firearms like Glock 17/19 being hard to find but a single action Ruger, I am surprised.

Even looking for a used one on Gunbroker the pickings are slim.

To keep this thread somewhat technical:  assuming I can find a new one at some point is the quality as good as a vintage one I might buy on gunbroker/pawn shop/LGS.

I have seen some reasonable prices on the plain .357 model, just can't find a convertible model. I would even settle for either barrel length (but prefer the longer model # 0318).
View Quote

I saw one for sale at Wildman Arms in Little Rock last week.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I picked up a convertible .357/9mm about 6 years ago and the quality on it is very good.  The bluing is good but not near as nice as the old models from many years ago.  A few weeks after picking it up I looked at an old model .44 mag Blackhawk that had not had the conversion done.  The bluing on that was worn but much deeper and brighter than the newer ones.  Still kicking myself for not snagging that one.  Going from full power .357 loads to the 9mm cylinder makes it feel like a .22 short.  Best of luck in your search!
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked up a convertible .357/9mm about 6 years ago and the quality on it is very good.  The bluing is good but not near as nice as the old models from many years ago.  A few weeks after picking it up I looked at an old model .44 mag Blackhawk that had not had the conversion done.  The bluing on that was worn but much deeper and brighter than the newer ones.  Still kicking myself for not snagging that one.  Going from full power .357 loads to the 9mm cylinder makes it feel like a .22 short.  Best of luck in your search!
View Quote

Thanks, I gave up for the time being and found another firearm to buy that has been on the back burner for a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top