Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2022 10:01:58 PM EDT
Was looking to get a pistol for my son to start learning on

Thanks to everyone here I decided on a Ruger mkiv 22/45 lite

I didn't really care for all the goofy colors but figured I'd just deal with it until I saw this

I'm kinda smitten but now I can't find this damn thing anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Lookup bangers wholesale, call them and ask who has the most of those guns!
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
They have been really hard to find for a while. This is a new color and I think it will be a great choice.  I looked for one in any color for a while finally ran across a used one with a purple over gold barrel (must have been a Vikings fan) But I didn't care about the color because I want it for my granddaughter to learn on.  Good Luck.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:01:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I’d love to have one as a little brother to this

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Beautiful. Where did you buy?

Edit: nvm, saw that is the tactical...thought it was the lite
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The FDE ‘light’ is advertised as a distributor exclusive.

I would contact the distributor to see if they may be able to steer you to a dealer that has one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
https://ruger.com/products/markIV2245Lite/specSheets/43920.html

Click on find a retailer by zip code. Then call to see what colors they have IF they have any Lites in stock.
If you have a good FFL, you might call him and ask him to see if he can't find it if you can't find one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I contacted ruger and they still make it

I contacted my local distributor and they said they are out of stock but they requested one

We'll see if anything comes of it
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Never saw that color before. Looks cool.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I contacted ruger and they still make it

I contacted my local distributor and they said they are out of stock but they requested one

We'll see if anything comes of it
View Quote

Stopped by Williams Gun Sight today, they were out and haven't seen one in months. Guy said the last time they got one, it was just that - one. And months before that one came in.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Man that thing looks awesome!  Gonna have to keep an eye out for one as well.

I’m in the same boat, my kids are getting to the age where I need a .22 pistol for them, and I apparently missed the boat on the all black 22/45 Lite and not a fan of the gold trigger/barrel on the new ones I can find so I’d been considering the Tactical instead, but one of these would be awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top