Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2019 2:23:10 PM EDT
If anyone owns or shot one of the 10 shot 22lr revolvers give me there experience or thoughts on it thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Had a single 10 with fiber sites, one of the few guns i regret selling, very fun to shoot and accurate, trigger was smooth and light.

You dont see them on used market often, there reason for that
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the single 6 with both the 22 and 22 mag cylinder,LINK  the one I have now is probably the 6th or 7th that I've had.... every time I think I don't really need that and can trade it on something, I find I still need one.  The 10 shot version is a great choice but you do loose the 22 mag cylinder option so its a trade off.  The down side to single action revolvers is that you have to eject each spent case one at a time. The up side is they last forever and will suffer much abuse without failure. Accuracy is quite good on these little Rugers and many a snake has lost its head to them. They are getting into a price range (new) that makes some of the other 22 handgun options a consideration. With the improvements in take down of the Mark 4 Ruger 22 Link those are also a fine choice. The SR22 also a great super reliable pistol Link
You cant go wrong with Ruger's 22 pistols.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies so far guys but guess I should have specified the 10 shot double action I have a s&w 617 bought it about a year before Ruger came out with there’s and now a frank I are kicking around the idea of a Ruger 10 shot double action
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Have one.  Works fine.  Like all Rugers overbuilt but it just keeps running.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Have the GP100 in 22 lr. I like it and the wife does too. Heavy and built like a tank. HIGHLY unlikely I will ever get rid of it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both the GP100 10 shot 22 and a S&W 10 shit 617. The Ruger is larger and built sturdier than the S&W, but I shoot the 617 a little better because both trigger pulls are better. The 617 has better target sights, but I think the Ruger has better all around sites. I like both of them, a lot and have shot both a lot. Definitely keepers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the 10 shot GP100. I use it for general revolver practice and to shoot bullseye matches. All mine needed was a trigger return and mainspring swap to bring the trigger weight down to a nice 3# single action. The seller included a Speed Beez speedloader kit which will get you hooked on that specific type of speed loader. It's a great gun and I doubt I'll ever sell it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top