Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2022 11:40:14 AM EDT
Does anyone know where one of these would be in stock?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know the quality of these since Taurus bought them. I have a 4 inch Rossi M-511 thats a copy of a S&W Kit gun. It's every bit its equal. I also have the 62 Carbine clone that flwless. These where inpoted by Interarms in the 1990's
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think they're made anymore.  There was a recall that turned into a fiasco.  I chose to keep mine instead of sending it to the "guess what Taurus will send you back instead" hole. Some guys got back Taurus 5 shot .38 revolvers, some got Taurus .357s.  It's been a couple of years.

Supposedly a problem with possibility of a discharge if dropped.  I don't drop mine.

Rossi recall - customer interactions
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think they're made anymore.  There was a recall that turned into a fiasco.  I chose to keep mine instead of sending it to the "guess what Taurus will send you back instead" hole. Some guys got back Taurus 5 shot .38 revolvers, some got Taurus .357s.  It's been a couple of years.

Supposedly a problem with possibility of a discharge if dropped.  I don't drop mine.

Rossi recall - customer interactions
View Quote
I had one of the Rossi revolvers that was part of the safety recall. It was a 5-shot .38, with a 3" barrel. I liked it too. Bluing was deep and rich, and it felt good in my hand. Shot good too, and had a good trigger. But I sent it in per the recall (they sent a FedX call tag). I could have lived with it and just tried to be careful and not drop it loaded. But I thought about the danger for my two sons and grandsons possibly inheriting it after I passed, and that was the deciding factor.

It took about 6-months, and they sent me a new Taurus 856 with a 2" barrel in black (standard and not ultra-lite). I asked for a 3" model 856, but they said there were none available. I liked the 856 ok, but not as well as I liked the Rossi.

I also think Taurus stopped making the Rossi hand-guns, but still make the Rossi rifles.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Classic arms and archery had one in stock recently

Do not know if they still do
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top