Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2021 3:42:53 PM EDT
I know it is a pistol forum, but you guys would know. How do you guys like the Romeo 1 Pro? I am thinking it is a better option than the DPP due to battery life and easily changing of the battery. Overall impressions? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had one for about six months on P320 Compact RXP, probably less than 500 rounds through it.

I really like the large window, not because it helps to acquire the dot faster, but because it makes passive aiming with night vision easier. First battery that it shipped with died in a month, second battery is still going strong and I usually keep it a few clicks above middle.

I wouldn't run one without the protective shroud, we've all seen how optics of this shape can easily break if it takes a fall or if someone were to fall onto it while holstered. Overall I think it's an underrated optic, and I like it compared to my RMRs for the reasons listed above.

It's important to note that I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one. Mine came with the gun, and I wanted the gun so therefore I now own the optic. I'll run it until I kill it, at which time I'll probably try out a 509T.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been very impressed with mine. I like the size. It is bigger than the RMR but smaller than the DPP. I also like the auto off feature that saves battery life. No problem with mine so far.

I use the protective hood on mine too. I also never use the battery that ships with optics.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got mine mounted up on my gun. I haven't had a chance to zero or shoot it yet but I like what I see. I like the motac on it works great but as I said I haven't shot with it so my views might change but so far so good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have roughly 6000 rounds under mine over the last year and a half-ish ?
Just replaced the outer shroud due to finish wear and I’m going to cerakoted it, MP FDE. Other than that it has seen a lot of holster time and A ton of presentations, never had a single issue and it’s on the second battery.

In before the RMR Elite start lambasting this thread.....
Disclaimer: I have 2 RMRs as well and while you can hammer nails with the sight itself , the DPP and R1P have clearer glass and a bigger window. I prefer the RP1 or DPP over the RMR for almost everything and trust them with my life.

Just my experience.
Chuck
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know it is a pistol forum, but you guys would know. How do you guys like the Romeo 1 Pro? I am thinking it is a better option than the DPP due to battery life and easily changing of the battery. Overall impressions? Thanks
View Quote

It's one of the two optics approved for duty use by my Agency. We require use of the steel shroud. It's still not RMR durable but the bigger window is worth it IME.

I have about 5k rounds on one R1P including a 900 round 2 day RDS Pistol class and about 3 K on a second. So far so good.

Both the DPP and R1P have top loading batteries so changes are easy. R1P uses  1632 batteries, smaller than the 2032 used in the DPP and most other optics. Good batteries matter, Duracell and Renata are best IME with the R1P and other optics.

If you are not getting a factory mounted optic, remember proper mounting (Proper torque values, thread locker etc) is significant factor in optic durability / reliability.

Older DPP's had issues with durability, not battery life IME.  Leupold made and Inline upgrade about a year, year and half ago which significantly improved durability. The old style has a green circuit board when you open the battery compartment. the newer, improved ones have a blue circuit board.

The two biggest drawbacks of the DPP are:  Cycling through the brightness settings with the single button sucks and the optic deck is so tall that standard BUIS aren't visible in the window. The BUIS made to accommodate the DPP are so tall they don't fit standard holsters.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:05:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I really like my R1Pro. I had an older Romeo1 break and sig replaced it no questions asked. The 1Pro just seems much more durable. I like the big clear window but hated the height off the slide of the DPP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top