Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2020 3:18:13 PM EDT
I just walked five miles in comfort with a Glock 43 in a Ritchie Leather Company ankle holster securely attached above a low boot.

I know Arfcom hates ankle carry, but I'd rather have 9mm on my ankle than .380 in my pocket. (I never carry inside or outside of a belt.)

Since I no longer work in a liberal corporate environment, I might sell my LCP II and Glock 42 as soon as I shoot up all the .380 ammo in my stash.

I'll finally make 9mm my minimum CCW. Thanks Ritchie.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got an old Alessi ankle holster as well.  Doesn't get used much, but it is comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve carried a backup on and off duty for 25 years on the ankle.

Most of my career was either plain clothes or UC

IMHO the key to ankle carry consists of two things.

Quality rig and lightweight gun.

For me it’s a 5-Shot Leather ankle rig and a S&W Scandium 342

Over the years I’ve tried several... Sig P230, J frames, PPK, G42, G43, SW Shield

It’s not the best option always but it does fill a roll.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Just having the gun on your person will not protect you. You just be able to draw and use it quickly and efficiently.  Most people I know who ankle carry have nowhere near the fitness, flexibility or skill level to draw from an ankle holster before someone could beat them to death. I'd rather have a .22 that I can draw in one second than a hand cannon that takes ten to draw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top