Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2019 11:11:21 AM EDT
Hey folks,

Subject line says it all.  Does anybody have one and what are your experiences?  Or what good reviews have you seen?

John
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the PPK/S in 380 and could not be happier. None of the online retailers had them in stock and stopped by a new gun store in town and was very surprised to fine one. He had just got it a few hours ago and needless to say, it went home with me.

Fit and finish are excellent and have put about three hundred rounds through her without issue. Also, a dream to carry. I'm starting to like my martini's shaken not stirred.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased one a couple of weeks ago.  The gun itself is nicely put together.  I went to the range today.  I had a few ftfs, but all in all I'm happy.  I expect a little breakin time and it's likely to be a bit picky with various ammo.  Knowing what I know, I would buy it again.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 7:04:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Dang it....gotta add this to my wish list.  Might even make the top 5.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I really want a ppk in .32 but I’m not paying the insane price the market is calling for.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#5]
... stumbled onto one in the wild this morning - it wet home with me
Icing on the cake, the store had a 12% discount on all non-sales items today

Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#6]
im not so patiently waiting on the blued version...already have one the s&w stainless versions.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I shot one of the new Fort Smiths last week.

Absolutely stellar shooter.  Ran like a Swiss watch.  The machining in these guns is fantastic.

As is to be expected, recoil is fairly stout.  The right side of the slide tends to abrade the hand as is common in PPks but this is fairly easily remedied with some fine and judicious application of fine emory paper on a stiff backing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Just picked up the PPK/s 22lr for my wife to use as a practice gun.  For $285 what could go wrong?
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I am prepared to pay stupid money once the blued version is released.

I’ve wanted one since I was a kid.

With a side of money penny, please.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
How about a current update as to availability/ prices you folks have seen.  I haven’t seen one of these yet.  Salivating over a stainless PPK/S.
Thanks,
Ralph
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
... stumbled onto one in the wild this morning - it wet home with me
Icing on the cake, the store had a 12% discount on all non-sales items today

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1430/PPKS-958729.jpg
View Quote
Love it!
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Just looked at the 22 cal version Palmetto is offering. Says it has a 17lb DA pull? Sounds heavy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just looked at the 22 cal version Palmetto is offering. Says it has a 17lb DA pull? Sounds heavy.
View Quote
My wife, who is not known for grip strength, loves the little sucker.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I’ve had excellent experience with my late-model PPK.   Took a fine file and took off some of those sharp edges because it is A stainless and B who cares.  Everybody bitches and moans about that beaver tail, but I find it far more pleasant to shoot than the original frame design and am happy they added it to the modern version.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am prepared to pay stupid money once the blued version is released.

I've wanted one since I was a kid.

With a side of money penny, please.
View Quote
@ Ghostdog1066: ALET! ALET!  Black, melonite PPKs are now available.  Saw one in the wild today!  Looked great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top