Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2021 5:14:02 PM EDT
Heya everyone, I'm a first timer around these parts, so here goes my first post.

For quite some time I was under the impression that current production 92s, to include the 92fs in all finishes, brigadier, or any other classic style 92 (basically any model without a rail) featured the curved dust cover.

From what I have seen online, it appears that many current production 92s have the M9 style straight dustcover, albeit not all of them.

Does anyone have the official line on this as of 2021?
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a huge Beretta fan and own many of them, but even I have a hard time telling the differences apart.
Sorry I couldn;t help you and welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Angled dustcover is nasty, disgusting and ugly. People should feel ashamed for liking them.
That said, I think Beretta just uses whatever is in the pipeline and available. Italy seems to have more angled than straight DC non M9's from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a lightly used M9 a few years back, and then while looking around online at other Berettas, I saw a stainless 92 on a site.  I had seen the new angled  dust covers on various sites (didn't like how they looked though) and checked with the people at the company to see if they still had one with the straight cover.  The woman I talked to said the one in the pic they had up was sold, but she went and found one, took a phone pic and sent it to me and I said "I'll take it."  

" />
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey thanks for the informative replies. Also, does anyone know what dust cover type the brigadiers typically have these days?
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, Ill have you know that I actually prefer the angled slide, I guess Im a freak like that, so I just want to know the oddsof finding recent production 92s with the angled dust cover, and if otfalls under current production.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey thanks for the informative replies. Also, does anyone know what dust cover type the brigadiers typically have these days?
View Quote

Just pulled up the Brigadier on the Beretta site and their pics show it with the angled cover.

https://www.beretta.com/en/92-brigadier/

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you my good man. I too have perused their site and sometimes I have trouble differentiating between angled and straight, its the damndest thing.

Looking at this pic I can clearly see it though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[Snip]

View Quote

I can't.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Any newer 92 without a rail should have an angled dustcover, while M9's should have straight dustcovers.  That said, Beretta does seem to offer a lot of "parts bin special" variants that never make it into their regular catalog, so it's possible that there are new 92 models out there with straight dust covers.  For example, I don't think that the DAO 92X's that were for sale all over the place a few months ago were ever regular catalog items.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank you my good man. I too have perused their site and sometimes I have trouble differentiating between angled and straight, its the damndest thing.

View Quote

You're welcome!  Honestly, it's a subtle angle, and if the type wasn't there on the right side of the guard, it wouldn't stand out as much that it is angled.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Angled is far more common as time goes on. Because the M9 was adopted before the angled dust cover was a thing, all M9's will have the straight dust cover. I find it much harder to find the straight dust cover models. I'll gladly trade angled for straight dust covers.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:29:31 AM EDT
[#12]
It is my understanding that the angled dust covers came about when Beretta started producing the 92 in 40s&w, it was done to add strength to the frame.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I also had the same impression, but I wonder if the angled dust cover was really necessary for the .40 cal variations. That being said, I prefer the angled versions regardless.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Beretta is still manufacturing straight dust cover 92FS models, though it seems like a crap shoot as to which one you will get.  
I bought this brand new Beretta the other week and am VERY happy it came with the best looking (straight) dust cover.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Any dust cover with lawyer verbiage is wrong.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any dust cover with lawyer verbiage is wrong.
View Quote

I think the only U.S. made 92 that doesn't have the cheesy warning on the dust cover is the M9.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/20/2021 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#17]

This is a 92x Defensive. Seems to be only available in Italy at this time. I could be wrong, but would you say this is a straight dust cover?

I wonder because this is a brand new Italian production model, and I can't make heads or tails out of it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsiwiaszczyk.pl%2Fpl%2Fp%2FPistolet-BERETTA-92X-Performance-Defensive-IDPA-kal.-9x19-Burris-Fastfire-II-8MOA%2F23114&psig=AOvVaw00VlxQHHU-eoiC5f5NKHeR&ust=1629541537088000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCNDx6Lixv_ICFQAAAAAdAAAAABAJ

This is a 92x Defensive. Seems to be only available in Italy at this time. I could be wrong, but would you say this is a straight dust cover?

I wonder because this is a brand new Italian production model, and I can't make heads or tails out of it.
View Quote

That one’s slanted.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]
They probably have extra straight dust cover frames left over from the M9 program winding down.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the input. So should I take it that the angled cover is standard for all non railed 92 variants with the exception of the m9?
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks for the input. So should I take it that the angled cover is standard for all non railed 92 variants with the exception of the m9?
View Quote

As standard as anything Beretta USA makes. A lot of the M9s are sporting black stainless barrels vice the chrome lined parkerized ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top