Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2021 11:28:41 AM EDT
So, I ordered several Gen 5 Glock 17 mags as extras for a 19X without doing the research to realize that the lip on the 19x mag well is incompatible with the baseplate on a Gen 5 G17 mag. Instead of modifying the 19X I would like to find some G17 base plates preferably in OD as that is the mags I ordered. I’d also be open to recommendations of aftermarket base plates that will fit in the 19X. Any recommendations on what y’all have done?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#1]
All of my factory mags have the MOAB from Ghost INC.
I have a 19x and the MOAB fit perfectly and provide a bit of grab if you have to strip the mag.

https://ghostinc.com/moab-mother-of-all-baseplates-for-glocks-4pk/
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never used the MOAB, but I have used the Vickers equivalent. One thing about the Vickers is that they make a "Glock OD Green" version of the baseplate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Vickers are good to go. My favorite +0 base plate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vickers are good to go. My favorite +0 base plate.
View Quote

This exactly.  I run FDE on my practice mags
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I was wondering if the vickers would fit the 19X. I had thought they stuck out a little more in the front
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was wondering if the vickers would fit the 19X. I had thought they stuck out a little more in the front
View Quote

It should be ok. The front edge of the Vickers plate (OD on the left) has a slight forward angle to it, barely noticeable in this photo, but it's essentially the same length in front. These are 19 mags, and I don't have a 19X to check, but I would expect there to be enough of a gap to accommodate the slight angle of the Vickers plate.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
For what it's worth, I can confirm the MOAB plates fit a 19x
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For what it's worth, I can confirm the MOAB plates fit a 19x
View Quote

Great! Thank you, I’ll check them out
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It should be ok. The front edge of the Vickers plate (OD on the left) has a slight forward angle to it, barely noticeable in this photo, but it's essentially the same length in front. These are 19 mags, and I don't have a 19X to check, but I would expect there to be enough of a gap to accommodate the slight angle of the Vickers plate.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27888/Vickers_vs_Standard_Baseplate_jpg-1839356.JPG
View Quote

Perfect, thank y’all for the help!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I’d just grind the lip off the grip and use any magazine
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’d just grind the lip off the grip and use any magazine
View Quote

Considered that. Kind of like the lips
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Vickers advertises that their plate will work with the 19X

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don’t need to grind the whole thing off just clearance it a bit where the base plate hits.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks y’all, ended up ordering the MOAB base plates
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:31:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You don’t need to grind the whole thing off just clearance it a bit where the base plate hits.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, I just zipped off a tiny bit of the mag baseplate for the gen 5 mags I accidentally bought.  Cleaned it up with a file and it works great.  Ended up breaking down and getting +2 OEM plates in the end though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#16]
MOAB base plates came in today and the fit is perfect with the 19X. I like these, they are very similar to the vickers base plates, but also like the idea of the cut outs for dirt/550 cord.
Thank y’all for the recommendations
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top