Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2018 6:28:22 PM EDT
I'm looking for a backpack that I can take to work and use as a GHB. I want to be able to securely carry my G19 in it with a mag. Something discreet and not tactical looking. I remember seeing a video of a guy with one that was great. The pistol was in a pouch in the front and a quick zipper have access to it. I didn't bookmark it

Something <$100 preferably.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been putting in some thought on the 5.11 Rush Delivery. Comes in three sizes. There are youtube vids. Maybe someone here uses one......
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Osprey Packs Daylite Daypack

Osprey is GTG, my wife's hiking pack is Osprey and awesome.
I have one of these I carry because the crazy colors don't scream GUN OWNER.

and at $50, it's a steal
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure these were discontinued, but you might find one on eBay or the EE .
Been using this one on mt bike rides a lot.  Dedicated space for a full size pistol and mag, you can access the pistol with the pack on if you practice.

Camelbak Demon

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure these were discontinued, but you might find one on eBay or the EE .
Been using this one on mt bike rides a lot.  Dedicated space for a full size pistol and mag, you can access the pistol with the pack on if you practice.

Camelbak Demon

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/81AFC382-39B1-4906-8827-F5B70887711F-619415.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/A40EC7B2-623D-4F1A-B915-2DC78697F2FE-619416.JPG
View Quote
That would be perfect. Shame it's discontinued.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my 5.11 Covrt 18, just a bit over $100

I like it better than my Vertx EDC Gamut 18 Hour

Amazon Product
  • The COVRT18 is a full-featured covert backpack with roomy main and secondary storage areas including an ambidextrous side-entry Back-Up Belt System compartment
  • This backpack also has R.A.C. (Roll-down Assault Compartment) that can house a full sized firearm and QuickTact accessory straps at the shoulder integrate with other 5.11 tactical gear
  • Also has other features like reinforced grab handle, a padded internal laptop sleeve, sunglass pocket and a flip-down ID panel

Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Swiss Gear.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:02:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Swiss Gear.
View Quote
This. Not tacticool, but damn nice backpacks. I lose shit in mine though, too many pockets!
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:53:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I noticed something interesting at the campus I work for... it seems like MOST kids have tactical bags with molle all over them these days. between the 5.11s and whatever that other brand is that's super into crossfit it seems like tac bags are everywhere. A small sample sized observation, I know, but maybe something with actual gun storage and real construction won't seem so out of place.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

www.amazon.com/dp/B004D1R7SU
View Quote
I had one and hated it. Most uncomfortable packs I’ve ever had as the way the carry handle is constructed, it was digging into my neck. Ended up going with this waxed canvas grey ghost pack and I love it. I carry my M&p 2.0 compact in mine very comfortably plus it’s not huge so it doesn’t bounce around in your back. They go on sale a few times a year. They had them for I want to say $99 on Black Friday.

https://greyghostgear.com/collections/backpacks/products/throwback

Link Posted: 7/26/2018 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I carry a Recycled Firefighter 12 Hour Pack in grey every day and like it.  It's quite slim and doesn't scream tactical except for a little bit of velcro on the front.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't own one because I don't have the need to carry like this, but Vertx is some nice bags with dedicate areas for guns and mags.  They also look totally normal and not tacticool from what I have seen, but the pistol pocket has a large tag on the zipper so that you can rip it open quickly if necessary.  The problem will be your budget.  I think they are more expensive.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:56:56 AM EDT
[#12]
My work bag is this...  Vertx Commuter
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Looking at summer Vertx bags and the EDC ready seems like a great bag. It's a little more than I wanted to spend but not too much.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got a Vertx Transit sling.  It's the perfect size for me for daily use.  Didn't want anything too big but capable of holding my 13" MacBook and firearm with spare mag.  Lots of extra pockets for pens, notepad, medical.

PLUS...I follow Mike at Last Line of Defense on YouTube and he some killer discount codes for Vertx and Premier Body Armor.  Always learning something cool from him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Hard to beat any Vertx bag.

The Osprey somebody recommended above is very nice.

I ended up with a camelbak  Have to look at the model.  Works great.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looking at summer Vertx bags and the EDC ready seems like a great bag. It's a little more than I wanted to spend but not too much.
View Quote
I snagged mine from Optics Planet when they did a 11 or !0% off with it on sale got a good price.  They do sales on the Vertx stuff all the time.  I also bought two of the MOLLE velcro attachments.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I noticed something interesting at the campus I work for... it seems like MOST kids have tactical bags with molle all over them these days. between the 5.11s and whatever that other brand is that's super into crossfit it seems like tac bags are everywhere. A small sample sized observation, I know, but maybe something with actual gun storage and real construction won't seem so out of place.
View Quote
Molle packs are common in my area. Second no one notices or care.

My EDC is the opmod limited edition sling pack. Unfortunately it have been discontinued. Molle webbing on the sides and sling. A concealed compartment for a pistol. 6+ years of everyday uses and still going strong. Bought it on sales for below $30.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKpe6Ws-JmhzWDgs1HVQpg5B2ZO72K9B64bT7wKPjutqwr6iX2M3Ip7HPKXunHJp85Ub57UNF9FdJU7KcrPlaoYfNoGbEQ&time_continue=98&v=qX0bvUu_xH0
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Vertx EDC Ready Pack
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Vertx EDC Pack
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Vertx EDC Pack.  It also has the ability to fit a body armor panel from Premier Body Armor into the zippered compartment in the rear of the bag.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

www.amazon.com/dp/B004D1R7SU
View Quote
I second this. I've had mine for about four years. Use it everyday.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 1:28:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I use this same bag and love it.   DSG had them for a great price a ways back and I bought on impulse.  OP, if you are comfortable with the diagonal, single strap I highly recommend this bag.

ETA:  I bought a Velcro holster from White Hat Holsters and will also recommend them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up a Vertx EDC ready bag along with the gun and mag holsters for it. With the 25% discount code I basically purchased the bag and got the tactigami free. I still need to get the mini organization pouch and a holster for a 30rd mag holster from Amazon but I think I'm set.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Old FirstSpear Comm Pack, love it
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up a Vertx EDC ready bag along with the gun and mag holsters for it. With the 25% discount code I basically purchased the bag and got the tactigami free. I still need to get the mini organization pouch and a holster for a 30rd mag holster from Amazon but I think I'm set.
View Quote
Post pics of your config/setup when you get it done.

We should really get a EDC bag thread.  Not a go bag or get home back but just EDC.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#26]
This is by far my favorite EDC pack for the gym, chiropractic visit or any other time I am not able to wear a proper holstered handgun. A slot built into the back is perfect for any size handgun in a sticky type holster.  The draw is as fast or faster than purpose designed ccw packs. I do use a Vertx backpack on occasion when I need to carry lots of documents in a more formal setting.

https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/3/ProductID/8
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I use this same bag and love it.   DSG had them for a great price a ways back and I bought on impulse.  OP, if you are comfortable with the diagonal, single strap I highly recommend this bag.

ETA:  I bought a Velcro holster from White Hat Holsters and will also recommend them.
View Quote
Just saved White Hat Holsters velcro line to my favorites tab.  Will definitely be buying some in the future!
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I carry a Nortface but I never carry my handgun off body, not ever.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is by far my favorite EDC pack for the gym, chiropractic visit or any other time I am not able to wear a proper holstered handgun. A slot built into the back is perfect for any size handgun in a sticky type holster.  The draw is as fast or faster than purpose designed ccw packs. I do use a Vertx backpack on occasion when I need to carry lots of documents in a more formal setting.

View Quote
How about a hot link.

Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Thank you.

Although they do not have a photo of the pocket I'm speaking of, they mention it in the description.

"-quilted padding on the body side with an exposed flat slot pocket suitable for stashing a netbook, machete, or even a lever action rifle."
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I love my Kelty Peregrine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/853/41870852100_564906df62_z_d.jpg
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/929/29809490628_28e8b8009e_z_d.jpg
Vertx EDC Pack.  It also has the ability to fit a body armor panel from Premier Body Armor into the zippered compartment in the rear of the bag.
View Quote
I have the same pack and planning to set it up similarly. Are you using vertx pouches/holster?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#33]
was looking for a gun pack aka fanny pack and came across 9tactical and thought there pack was well thought out, more so than any others I have seen....was a little worried because I could only find them on ebay...contacted them and ordered on of their gun packs...I am impressed with all of the thought that went into the design.....I don't have any of their backpacks but would not hesitate to get one if I was in the market....(I already have a Kelty and Vertx)...there are some good youtube videos detailing the 9tacicals..like the sqb...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top