Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2021 12:15:02 AM EDT
A few months ago I got a p320 sub compact that I pretty much threw in the safe and didn't mess with at all until tonight.  I was messing with it and took the slide off and then the recoil spring and the spring separated with a lot of force.  I kept a hold of the spring and it didn't shoot across the room but there was enough force that if I would have let go it would have went flying.  Now I'm trying to figure out this spring and I saw a single youtube video where a guy disassembled the spring to shorten it.  It seems like I might be missing a piece that locks the two rods and springs together but nothing came out of the slide except two rods and two springs.  

I have not shot the pistol yet but it nothing seemed off with it when handling it before, the slide worked as normal.

Am I missing something here?

I have a full size p320 which also pretty much lives in the safe but it has a totally different spring.  As it is right now, there is no way I can get these two springs inside the slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top