Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2019 12:43:20 PM EDT
… and I got say I kind of like it. Broke it down and cleaned it up. Inspected the barrel locking block for cracks with a magnifying glass, could not find any.
The only thing is the guide rod sticks out from the frame a few millimeters but the pistol cycle fine locks up on a empty mag and cycle though a magazine of "snap caps" fine.
Will take it to the range next week and see how it shots. If it does well, I'll order some new grips from Numrich, the current ones are scratched to hell.

Dave
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]
UPDATE
Took the M1951 out put 150 rounds down range and it works great. It is accurate and function perfectly, EXCEPT the after market magazines from Numrich.
Seems the cheap metal used on the magazine swells so that the feed lips rub against the sides of the weapon so it will not come out unless you pry it out, not good. The aftermarket mags cycle great just they are a bear to get out. The factory magazine, with beretta markings, had zero defects and pop out every time.
Now to go on a Unicorn hunt for some factory magazines.

Dave
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Been on the fence about ordering one of these as well.

so many toys...so few money piles.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The Beretta 1951 is very nice man , it's one of my favorites as well.

Should anyone ever need a true quality made locking block, hit me up because i've re-manufactured them for the Beretta 1951 & Helwan.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 1:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I passed on several Helwans in the past due to cracked blocks.  Still have a few mags I bought in anticipation of owning one. Gave up about 20 yrs ago on finding replacement blocks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The 1951 is one of my favorite pistols.....I loaned mine to a friend almost 10 years ago after he lost everything in a fire......

He just picked up a new M9A3.....and stopped by the house to give me my 1951 back..... I had forgotten about it actually

I bought 3 of them from Coles years ago .......here is the only one I've still got.

1969 manufacture....has commercial "model 104" markings, and Berettas old Berben NY, NY importers markings.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top