Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2018 8:39:24 AM EDT
Just bought the threaded barrel model new for $275 and slapped a Burris TRS-25 on it.

Really shoots good and accurately.  Did have to locktite the picatinny rail on and did the barrel take down bolt for good measure.  Seems to eat everything I have to put in it from junk thunderbolts to stingers.

Pictures coming when I get a chance.

Anyone else out there like theirs?

Patrick
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Torn between this and a Ruger MKIV. The SW-22 is ugly as fuck and I am not wild about needing a tool to disassemble it, BUT...it is less expensive than the MKIV and seems to be pretty reliable.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I was debating between the Victory and the MKIV Target.

Went with the MKIV Target.  While the Victory cost less, the MKIV just seemed to be better built.  The fact that there are a ton of aftermarket options out there for the MKIV influenced my decision a bit too.

Takedown of the MKIV is just as easy as taking down a Glock.  Maybe even easier.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally got a pic up.  Shoots incredibly well. I was also considering  MK4 22/45 lite but for the money thought I would give this one a chance.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a SW22 Victory recently as well, and absolutely love mine. I will probably start using it for Steel Challenge matches, but it is also to give my wife a soft-shooter for when she comes to the range with me. She hates shooting pistols, even the 9mm rounds are uncomfortable for her. FYI: So far she loves the .22 rimfire round, which is a miracle in of itself!

My plan when I went in that day was to get a Mark IV, but once I handled both guns, I found that I preferred the SW22. It felt more balanced in my hand, and seemed to come up better to my natural point of aim (NPOA) when I brought it up for sighting from a low-ready position. The $100 price difference was nice, but didn't really enter into my decision making.

I also have a buddy that has about 12 rimfire pistols, including both Ruger and S&W, and he has been telling me for months to skip the Ruger and go right for the Victory. I sort of half-listened since I was dead set on the Ruger. But that little voice in the back of my head was definitely talking to me that day.

That last visit to my LGS changed my mind once I got to check it out in detail, and I walked out with the Victory instead of the Mark IV. No remorse at all, the Victory is really a great firearm.

Shoots like a dream right out of the box, although I am not fond of the factory grips. I swapped them out within a week to the Tandemkross Hive grips, which are just awesome, and I just ordered and installed a Vortex Venom red dot (haven't even sighted it in yet).

I have been ordering a lot of other accessories and upgrades as well, but I am waiting for everything to arrive before installing them. There is nothing inherently wrong with the gun, but I thought since I love it so much I would take it to the next level, especially for steel challenge.

Here are some parts that are either already here or on their way (in addition to the grips and red dot):

-Tandemkross Victory Trigger
-Tandomkross Thunder Hammer
-Tamdemkross Extractor
-Tandemkross Firing Pin and springs
-Tandemkross Halo charging handle
-Tandemkross magazine safety disconnect
-Volquartsen carbon fiber threaded barrel

I am also looking to get an Outer Impact red dot mount rather than use the rail mount so I can get the red dot lower on the gun, but they have been out of stock for the last week or two. As soon as they become available, I will remove the rail and add the Outer Impact mount instead.

Once I get the upgrades completed, I can post a picture.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is an updated pic after adding the DIP industries rail and vent rib set up.  I like having the adjustable rear sight on the rail.

And I didn’t shoot the shi tzu.  She is just relaxedAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked up a SW22 Victory recently as well, and absolutely love mine. I will probably start using it for Steel Challenge matches, but it is also to give my wife a soft-shooter for when she comes to the range with me. She hates shooting pistols, even the 9mm rounds are uncomfortable for her. FYI: So far she loves the .22 rimfire round, which is a miracle in of itself!

My plan when I went in that day was to get a Mark IV, but once I handled both guns, I found that I preferred the SW22. It felt more balanced in my hand, and seemed to come up better to my natural point of aim (NPOA) when I brought it up for sighting from a low-ready position. The $100 price difference was nice, but didn't really enter into my decision making.

I also have a buddy that has about 12 rimfire pistols, including both Ruger and S&W, and he has been telling me for months to skip the Ruger and go right for the Victory. I sort of half-listened since I was dead set on the Ruger. But that little voice in the back of my head was definitely talking to me that day.

That last visit to my LGS changed my mind once I got to check it out in detail, and I walked out with the Victory instead of the Mark IV. No remorse at all, the Victory is really a great firearm.

Shoots like a dream right out of the box, although I am not fond of the factory grips. I swapped them out within a week to the Tandemkross Hive grips, which are just awesome, and I just ordered and installed a Vortex Venom red dot (haven't even sighted it in yet).

I have been ordering a lot of other accessories and upgrades as well, but I am waiting for everything to arrive before installing them. There is nothing inherently wrong with the gun, but I thought since I love it so much I would take it to the next level, especially for steel challenge.

Here are some parts that are either already here or on their way (in addition to the grips and red dot):

-Tandemkross Victory Trigger
-Tandomkross Thunder Hammer
-Tamdemkross Extractor
-Tandemkross Firing Pin and springs
-Tandemkross Halo charging handle
-Tandemkross magazine safety disconnect
-Volquartsen carbon fiber threaded barrel

I am also looking to get an Outer Impact red dot mount rather than use the rail mount so I can get the red dot lower on the gun, but they have been out of stock for the last week or two. As soon as they become available, I will remove the rail and add the Outer Impact mount instead.

Once I get the upgrades completed, I can post a picture.
View Quote
Looking forward to seeing it all done.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Looking forward to seeing it all done.
View Quote
FYI: The Outer Impact red dot mounts are in now, so I ordered one last night. Should be in soon.

Hope to have all the parts this week and have a picture up soon.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here is an updated pic after adding the DIP industries rail and vent rib set up.  I like having the adjustable rear sight on the rail.  
View Quote
That is a nice option for sure. I think I would like to have that option as well, but I wanted to get the red dot down as low as I could on the frame which is why I went with the Outer Impact mount, but boy that rail setup is pretty sweet. If I had seen this before ordering the mount I might have had a harder time deciding.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And I didn’t shoot the shi tzu.  She is just relaxedhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2153/3AC9BF56-2E44-42B0-9B93-E683D9E69BA9-631060.JPG
View Quote
shitshoot
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally got around to finishing the upgrades that I plan to make to my Victory pistol for a while, but I might consider the Volquartsen wooden grips that look so sweet, but for now, the Tandemkross Hive grips feel pretty amazing.

Here is a list of the upgrades that I have made:

-Vortex Venom Red Dot
-Outer Imact Red Dot Mount
-Tandemkross Hivegrip
-Tandemkross Engraved Titanium Grip Screws
-Tandemkross "Victory" Trigger
-Tandomkross "Thunder" Hammer
-Tamdemkross "Talon" Extractor
-Tandemkross "Fire Starter" Firing Pin and springs
-Tandemkross "Halo" Charging Ring
-Tandemkross "Game Changer Pro" Compensator
-Tandemkross Magazine Safety Disconnect
-Volquartsen 6.75" Carbon Fiber Threaded Barrel

Pictures:

I love this gun! Extremely accurate and very easy to shoot. After some quick tweaks to the ejector, I have had ZERO issues with any ammo I have fed it so far. I will sit down next week at get my ammo study completed for this gun and see what she prefers. So far, I am just having a blast shooting it!
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]
That is nice!!!!  What was the trigger install like?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I use a SW 22 Victory as my teaching auto for lessons.

It’s also my backup gun behind an AW-93 for the Nationals at Perry. They’re a really solid gun and great value.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That is nice!!!!  What was the trigger install like?
View Quote
Not bad actually, there are some decent videos on the Tandemkross website. There is a small spring and detent that goes under the trigger bar that can be a bit tricky, and when it goes SPROING when it is not supposed to, it is a bear to find the small detent! (Ask me how I know!!!)

Do that part inside of a large Ziplock freezer bag or something so that if you slip, the spring and detent are captured by the bag.

BTW: That was the best upgrade I put into the gun. It made the trigger *amazing* and it was pretty good to begin with. I just showed it to a buddy today that has a couple of Victories, and he couldn't believe how nice the trigger was.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I love mine.  I get nice 1" groups at 21' with mine.

Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And I didn’t shoot the shi tzu.  She is just relaxedhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2153/3AC9BF56-2E44-42B0-9B93-E683D9E69BA9-631060.JPG
View Quote
OP,
Thanks for the info. I just ordered the DIP rail and vented rib. Been looking for something like this for a while.
Chuck

Edit to add: Well just got the Ship notice from DIP. 2 month wait on this thing. I hope it was worth it!
cp
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#16]
>>Well just got the Ship notice from DIP. 2 month wait on this thing<<

Wow, I'm glad I got mine when I did!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I just picked one up today from my FFL guy.  I'm still waiting for my can but I already have a Fastfire  III and an Outer Impact here to put on it.  And a few Tandemkross parts on the way (extended mag release, mag safety)

I will prob pick up a Volquartzen barrel down the road.  I have a 10/22 from them with the same barrel and love it, I got it in the mid to late 90's.  But I'll see how this barrel does first.

I like the Tandemkross trigger if it were not flat, and honestly it the how it looks that puts me off.  (I'm old)

Good to see others are having good luck with theirs.  And good to see there is a few aftermarket items for them too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I just ordered the Shadow red dot mount for my Victory so my Vortex sits a little lower then with the picatinny rail.
I'm very pleased with my pistol and it is very accurate.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I’ve mine, even though the bolt holding the barrel on loosens every 100 rounds os so.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've mine, even though the bolt holding the barrel on loosens every 100 rounds os so.
View Quote
Put an O-Ring or a drop of Loctite on the bolt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've mine, even though the bolt holding the barrel on loosens every 100 rounds os so.
I use the o-ring without issue now.

My Victory has been awesome.  No issues across all types of ammo and just a great shooter.  Now if only my pending paperwork would come through so that I can get my Deadair Mask, it would be even better...
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 1:44:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just ordered the Shadow red dot mount for my Victory so my Vortex sits a little lower then with the picatinny rail.
I'm very pleased with my pistol and it is very accurate.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/229367/20180102_154300_jpg-865643.JPG
View Quote
Just an update about the red dot mount I put on my Victory. I bought the Shadow mount 2.0 from Tandenkross and it works out way better for me being able to see the red dot easier. I also removed the front sight and put a filler plug which I believe is 6-48 thread that came from  Ruger 10/22 receiver scope plug.
I told the guy at the gun shop what size I thought it was and what would fit and he came out with the screw in the barrel in under a minute ,so I must have been right from what I looked up on the internet. It was a PITA to find screw size info for the front sight ,nobody knew even S&W didn't have the info from what I found.

So here it is for posterity...6-48 thread . Ruger 10/22 receiver scope filler plug fits the S&W front sight hole.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I put the new tandemkross safety on mine and really like it. It sticks a little farther out from the frame than I would like but I haven't accidentally the safety since putting it on and its a nice shelf for the thumb to ride on.

Had the Tandemkross trigger in mine for awhile bit I didnt notice a huge difference with the Tandemkross Thunder hammer installed. Might just need to get used to it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I love mine, My son enjoys shooting it more than my 41. He says its cooler than my old man gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top