Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 11:28:21 PM EDT
I sent my Israeli surplus Hi Power to Novak’s for both sights and I could not be happier. I wanted a fiber optic front sight and they did not have one listed for the Mark 2. I emailed them and they said they would make one, no problem and no extra charge. I sent my slide off. They got it on a Monday and gave me a call. They asked if it was ok if they refinished my whole slide, for no charge. I guess that would be all right.
They shipped it out on that Wednesday morning. I got it and it looks and shoots great. Now the problem is it makes my frame all the more ugly looking.
Great service with an amazing turn around time. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#1]
That looks awesome!  Do you mind telling us what that ran you?

I have a 1963 Buenos Aires internal extractor BHP that I LOVE, but don't shoot very much because I can't see the sights.

Been thinking of having it cut for something like Sig/XD sights since there are tons of options out there to choose from.

You made a nice choice by going with the black rear and FO front sight, that is probably what I'd choose.

Congratulations again!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It was like $215 with return shipping for the sights and installation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Novak's has completed many 1911 & BHP's for me since 1982 when Wayne was a one man shop and first arrived in the area (I'm originally from P'burg, WV). Now all my plastic guns (Glocks) sport Novak sights. You lucked out them refinishing your slide for free. I'm assuming when they cut the front & rear dovetails was reason. You did well!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:46:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogrobber13] [#4]
They didn't refinish mine, Birdsong black t finish.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:47:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack19] [#5]
Hollow, I'd leave the frame just as it is.

Leave it as a tribute to a people, and a country, who have spent their entire existence defending themselves from tyranny.

If only it could talk.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top