Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2017 10:05:18 AM EDT
Do you love your Rami, after carrying it awhile?

I am looking at getting one for myself in Feb.[birthday]

I am retired now,so it will be a major purchase for me.When i was still working,i
would buy myself a new pistol for my birthday.The last three were CZ's.

I have skipped the last two years, because of cubic dollars.
So, i want to be sure,but really want a small carry gun.

Rami, or P-07 ?

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I would get the P-07 because I can attach a light which is a must on anything I carry.  Also I love my P-09 and the P-07 is not the next but the next after the Shadow 2 I want.  It will probably eventually replace my G19 as my carry pistol but I have other priorities ahead of changing my carry pistol out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I been carrying a Rami BD off duty for about a year now. Before that i was carrying an FNS9C. I love the rami. I put a modified XD pinky extention on it and its much more comfortable. The weight difference isnt noticable at all. I also carry at the 4:00 with a crossbreed supertuck
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I been carrying a Rami BD off duty for about a year now. Before that i was carrying an FNS9C. I love the rami. I put a modified XD pinky extention on it and its much more comfortable. The weight difference isnt noticable at all. I also carry at the 4:00 with a crossbreed supertuck
View Quote
Thanks !  Not interested in a rail,or light.
Want to iwb carry the smallest CZ i can get.
Tired of relying on my LCP in .380
Looked at the specs, it is smaller than the P-07,by a bit.
When i order, i will get the one with two 10rnd. mags,not
interested in the extended.Will carry full size CZ 75 mag for spare.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Get one while they are around. Took me over a year to find one andnow they are back. Who knows when the next batch will arrive
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Get one while they are around. Took me over a year to find one andnow they are back. Who knows when the next batch will arrive
View Quote
Talked me into it.I too have had to look and wait for a CZ i wanted.

I will order next week, after Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
While the trigger was decent, i did put a CGW pro package trigger kit inside it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Just bought two guns this week.  Rami and P01 both shoot super nice.  The Rami does seem a little heavier than my Glock 26 when carrying but it's not a huge deal.  They are awesome guns!
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 3:10:20 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife loves her RAMI. Its is actually a chopped CZ40, AKA Colt Z-40, originally, upgraded since then. Hakan Pek makes some really nice grips, and High Noon makes some outstanding holsters. I can't shoot the RAMI well enough without the optional 14 round mag, as I just don't get enough gun in my hand to really control it to my liking, but with the 14 round mag and mag sleeve, it's a champ.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My wife loves her RAMI. Its is actually a chopped CZ40, AKA Colt Z-40, originally, upgraded since then. Hakan Pek makes some really nice grips, and High Noon makes some outstanding holsters. I can't shoot the RAMI well enough without the optional 14 round mag, as I just don't get enough gun in my hand to really control it to my liking, but with the 14 round mag and mag sleeve, it's a champ.
View Quote
Thanks for the post,will be giving High Noon a hard look when i get the Rami.

I hope to order the gun Dec.26th.

ETA: I am thinking i can use a regular CZ75 mag for spare,or backup reload.
Am i right here guys? Thanks again, for all the feedback.

If the 75 mag won't work,i will order the Rami with the 14/10 mags.
But,i want two tens for the gun,for carry.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been carrying mine for 5 years now. It's the only subcompact I've had that I shoot as well as my full size guns. I am %100 confident with its function although I change recoil springs regularly to be safe. My only gripe was did not like stock grips but now there are good G10s on the market I consider it perfect. I carry aiwb and backup mag is a 14 without sleeve.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#11]
P-07...I had a RAMI and it is just a little clunky and heavy for a 10+1 imo. The P-07 carries great IWB or OWB. Took me awhile to catch the CZ train but I am now a big fan. I really like the PCR as a CCW. Try one if you can find one.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm also not a fan of carrying a light on a concealed carry pistol. Both the rail and the light add weight and bulk and the more crap you add to your every day carry weapon, the heavier it gets, the harder it becomes to effectively conceal, and the less likely you are to carry it from the time you get up until the time you go to bed.

Also, once I got out of law enforcement I stopped going into dark and scary places looking for bad guys. Armed citizens should not be doing that.  Not doing that eliminates about 95% of the need for a tactical light, and what's left can be easily met, and in fact better met, with a small tactical light, rather than a weapon mounted light.  A weapon light means you either end up carry two lights, or you end up pointing your weapon every time you need a light.  Get a decent tactical light and learn how to use it rather than crutching with a weapon mounted light.

---

I've been carrying the RAMI for about a year now, and I like it a lot.  They come in two flavors - the RAMI, and the RAMI BD.   The straight up RAMI is an SA/DA pistol that can be carried cocked and locked 1911 style or with the hammer down as a DA pistol.  The BD version is equipped with a de-cocking lever, rather than a safety as is carried with the hammer de-cocked.

I used to carry a CZ 75 Compact and I opted for the safety equipped version because of my history carrying 1911s and Hi Powers.  However, when I moved to the RAMI I chose the de-cocker equipped BD model for three reasons.  First, I've also started carrying a 2 1/2" S&W Model 66 from time to time and the BD eliminates the potential to forget to the safety to the "fire" under extreme stress.  Second, the safety lever on the CZ pistols is just a wee bit too far forward to hit easily without shifting your grip.  Third, with the hammer de-cocked the hammer is resting on the equivalent of a quarter cock notch, which makes the trigger reach and trigger pull shorter.  I've found the DA pull on my Compact and my RAMI to be excellent and I don't miss my 1911 trigger nearly as much as I thought I would.

The RAMI comes with a 10 round flush magazine as well as a 14 round magazine with a grip extension.   Below is my CZ Compact, cocked and locked, along with my RAMI BD in the de-cocked position, and with the flush magazine:

Here are the same two pistols, but with the Compact manually de-cocked to the same hammer position, and with the 14 round magazine in the RAMI:

Here are the same two pistols, this time with both hammers manually de-cocked all the way down to the slide.  The RAMI has a standard 14 round CZ 75 Compact magazine installed:

The CZ pistols incorporate a trigger activated firing pin safety, so they are drop safe in the de-cocked positions, even if the hammer were to shear if the pistol was dropped on the hammer.

With the 14 round magazine installed the only external difference is the 3/4" shorter length.  However, the RAMI with the 10 round magazine installed is also a is almost 7 ounces lighter than the Compact in addition to the shorter length and reduced height.   This makes it very easy to conceal and quite comfortable to carry.  However, the RAMI still has enough weight to be easy to control under recoil.  For me it's the sweet spot in a 9mm concealed carry handgun as it is about as small as you can go in a 9mm pistol, without sacrificing shooting performance.  I know a lot of guys who onw Sig 938s, but I don't know a single one who shoots it well, or practices enough with one to ever be able to shoot it well.

Another point in the Rami BD's favor over the RAMI, is that CZ is packaging the RAMI BD with tritium night sights, for the same price as the RAMI.   I'm not a fan of weapon mounted lights, but I do prefer my concealed carry handguns to have night sights.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I like mine.

I put some X/S night sights on it, as well as some wooden stocks. Carry it OWB.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, mine came on on Dec.31st.

I got the safety model, because i like to carry cocked and locked.

Have only put 30 rnds thru it so far,weather turned bad at the range
and i spent too long with my AR zero that day.

I really like it ! Seems to have a lighter trigger than
my full size CZ's do. It ran good with a full size mag too.

Thanks for all the info guys!
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#15]
So the mags for CZ75 compact work in the RAMI aside from the bare hanging portion no other problems?
Good news. I have a RAMI on layaway looking to get it out within a month.
Already have 9 magazines for my PCR.
Is there a sleeve available for the CZ75 compact mag to enable the grip to fit snugly?
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I used a full size 16 rnd. mag,but it worked fine.
Am heading to shoot it again in the morning.
It's been raining lots here in S.E.Texas,going to get in
a range trip before it starts again. Wind will be down too,i have
to zero a new red dot on my Grendel.

After tomorrow,i will start to carry it full time
finally got a IWB holster that will work.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Another RAMI owner/carrier here. I got mine to replace my Shield 9mm because I just couldn't get it to fit right in my hands. Bought the RAMI and immediately ordered a Stealthgear holster for it (which wasn't badly priced for Black Friday). I can wear it all day and barely feel it. I need to get the pinky extension for it as having my pinky dangling off when doing first shot in DA doesn't do it for me. Using the 14rd mag, I'm much more accurate but with my fat body and carrying at the 3-4:00 position allows the extended mag to print slightly.
The gun shoots really well, though it may get some CGW upgrades within the next year. The factory night sights are bright. My factory grip panels had a little wobble to them and I didn't find them grippy enough, so the wife got me a pair of the 'Cool Hands' grips off of Amazon and they have awesome grip as well as looking cool.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks!
I'll probably make an IWB & OWB holster for mine since I've got a pile of leather on hand (Plus I'm cheap, on a budget, & have the skills).
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]
My RAMI is in!
Cleanup underway.
I'm going to shoot it tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top