Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2020 11:10:23 AM EDT
Just got a brand new RMR type 2. I noticed there is a line extending from the dot to the bottom of the glass that follows the dot no matter where I move it. Is this normal? This is my first RMR. The closest thing I have to it is an SRO, which does not exhibit this type of behavior. Lighting condition doesn't matter. I turn the brightness down in a dark room, and it's there. I turn the brightness up in bright sunlight, and it's there. I cleaned the glass and the emitter, and no difference.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Not normal.

Trijicon CUSTOMER SERVICE & REPAIRS
Monday  Friday
8:00 a.m.  5:00 p.m. EST

Toll Free 1-800-338-0563
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon has top shelf customer service — you’ll be taken care of but it’s a bummer that you got a bad RMR. ????

A few years ago I purchased a busted ACOG — they replaced everything except the lenses and the housing and recharged the tritium all at no charge. Took about a week turnaround time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
My experience with RMRs and Trijicon service is that the service sucks.  But they should still replace yours.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies, gents. I called Trijicon CS and they said that they could look at it, but that it would likely be faster to send it back to the vendor for a replacement in regard to turnaround time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same problem.

I called Trijicon and they said they could repair it and send it back with a 3-4 week turn around time or I could call Primary Arms (where I bought it from) and they would replace it no questions asked and mail me a new one right away.

I did the later, Primary Arms had me email a photo of the defect for them to document and sent me a prepaid postage to mail back. I had the new one about a week later.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the same problem.

I called Trijicon and they said they could repair it and send it back with a 3-4 week turn around time or I could call Primary Arms (where I bought it from) and they would replace it no questions asked and mail me a new one right away.

I did the later, Primary Arms had me email a photo of the defect for them to document and sent me a prepaid postage to mail back. I had the new one about a week later.
View Quote

Glad to hear it wasn't just me going crazy. I just need to give up and switch to iron sights on everything. I'm 2 for 2 on optics in the past month. Ordered a brand new EOtech EXPS a few weeks ago, and it arrived with a nice big black chunk of debris on the inside of the glass. I give up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top