Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2020 9:31:29 AM EDT
Question:  How often do you clean the optic, if you daily carry?  And What is your technique for cleaning the optic?

My setup is P365XL with the Romeo0 optic that has the metal enclosed frame.  My first romeo0 died after the first cleaning so I guess the metal enclosed frame is better protection for the exposed battery?   Just a guess. I have it in the crossbreed mini tuck holster and it rides on my around 3:00.  
Every night I would check it out for function and sights and noticed that it builds up a long of lint around the hood part of the optic.  I’ve been just wiping it away with QTips but I don’t know if there is a better way or a different carry method?  IT would suck to need it and i see specs of dust everywhere
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I just use a Trijicon lens pen on my RMR and 508T2 to knock the dust off. You can still make hits with a dirty window as long as the emitter is clear.

I learned to shoot through the dirt when shooting suppressed with a dot.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I check mine when I put it on, rub my shirt on it if needed. Run a Q-tip around the edges every now and then if there's visible lint buildup.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I use one of those little air puffer brushes made for camera lenses. Occasionally I'll wipe it down with a lens wipe.

ETA: One of these.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I check mine when I put it on, rub my shirt on it if needed. Run a Q-tip around the edges every now and then if there's visible lint buildup.
View Quote

Me, too.  Mine is always between a t-shirt (tucked into my pants) and a thin cotton shirt hanging out over my belt.  Doesn't seem to get too dusty/linty quickly.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I use one of those little air puffer brushes made for camera lenses. Occasionally I'll wipe it down with a lens wipe.

ETA: One of these.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34777/F9A2A966-2EA1-442C-9E0F-DF0D85FE2562_jpe-1747468.JPG
View Quote

This,
once in a while I use a Leupold lens pen
if it gets real shitty
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Blow it off every day and have to Qtip it off every few days.

No undergarment. I believe I'm also getting white specs of deodorant as well. Just what happens in the life of a carry gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:27:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Cat crap on the lenses evrery so often. Use air duster once a week or as needed for dirt and lint.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Typically blow the dust / skins cells off my RM07 and occasionally use a q-tip or my t-shirt to wipe it off.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Typically blow the dust / skins cells off my RM07 and occasionally use a q-tip or my t-shirt to wipe it off.
View Quote

This is what I do, bad breath or not.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 2:23:12 AM EDT
[#10]
blow it out and use my shirt if needed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:28:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Got a 509t.

But seriously, when I carried RMRs I wiped it off with my shirt when I noticed it getting gunked up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top