Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2021 8:24:40 PM EDT
So I have a G43 with the FDE colored frame.  I sent it out to have the frame textured and the triggerugard undercut.  While I absolutely love the looks of the frame after sticking it in my pants and carrying it the rough texture is like a cheese grater on my skin.  I tried sanding it down a little bit and it helped out but it’s still annoying.

So my questions are as follows

What is Glocks policy about replacing frames?  Can I call them and arrange something and send them my old frame and have it replaced with a new one?  If so will it be the same color and how much will they charge for this?

I appreciate any answers you guys have
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Before the plague hit they did have a frame replacement program that cost about $100 or so plus your shipping to them.  Call Glock CS and ask.
Yours being modified is not a warranty issue so the frame program if they still do it is your shot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Live and learn.

Only get the front and rear of the grips texturized on IWB/AIWB carry guns.

You could probably sell the frame and pick up a new one from Big Tex Outdoors.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
you can try Glock. In this environment, who knows what they'll say.

-or- as another stated you can sell the frame and look for another.

Either way, serial numbers will no longer match, diminishing resale value.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I know what you mean my brother has a stock G43 and honestly the texture is fine on his but I like the undercut trigger guard on mine better it gives me more room to get a good purchase on the gun.  But yeah the thought of it being a PITA to IWB carry with the texture on it never crossed my mind before I had it done.

If I get a new frame the only thing I will do is have the Triggerguard undercut and call it a day
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah I know what you mean my brother has a stock G43 and honestly the texture is fine on his but I like the undercut trigger guard on mine better it gives me more room to get a good purchase on the gun.  But yeah the thought of it being a PITA to IWB carry with the texture on it never crossed my mind before I had it done.

If I get a new frame the only thing I will do is have the Triggerguard undercut and call it a day
View Quote

Just for future reference, undercuts, done tastefully, do not diminish
value in my outlook.

Trigger guard undercut is very easy to do if you have dremel and proper bits.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes I 100% agree I don’t know why Glock doesn’t just make the damn 43 like this from the factory. It makes a night and day difference of being able to get a decent grip on the pistol.  If I had to do over again that is all I would have had done and skipped the frame texturing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top