Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2018 1:31:34 PM EDT
What are the options that are out there?  What are the different types?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Start Here
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]
BHP's don't have a ton of aftermarket support and what's out there is waning.  The classic safety style does leave a lot to be desired. I think the MKIII extened ambi is a solid set up. A few members here have cut the shaft short to create a strong side only setup that can look good.

The C&S extended safeties are good pieces or at least they were when I had my last custom BHP built a few years ago.  FEG used to make a really nice factory extended safety but, those parts are in demand and mostly dried up.

A few gunsmiths like Bill Scarpino, Don Williams, and Garthwaite make their own safeties by adding material to the OE factory pieces.

HTH
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know how well the hard chrome finish extended safety matches the stainless frame on a BHP Practical?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]
A smith like Don Williams can set you up
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought both the extended C&S safety, and the wider version from Midway, looked both over, felt them, kept the wider one and sent the longer one back.

The wider one was easier for me to use - my thumb found it much more quickly than either the factory one, or the extended one.

If you're getting that, I highly recommend getting the whole package from C&S - trigger to get rid of the mag safety, sear, and a better hammer.

I had all those installed in, and my once terrible trigger is now one of the better ones I have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top