Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2020 6:36:42 PM EDT
What is the difference between the Action enhancement trigger kit and the Forward set trigger kit?  I'm wanting to swap out the flat face trigger for my 2.0c.  

Just for specificity:

Action Enhancement Trigger Kit Link
Forward Set Trigger Kit
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest and will add to the OP.

Today I picked up my first M&P 2.0 9mm in the 3.6” flavor. What is the best apex kit to get for a carry gun?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
looking at specs the enhancement may lower the pull by 1lb and the other 2lb.

i would just get the cheaper one and be happy.

i have the kit that fits my gen 1 shield and its probably one of my favorite pistol triggers i have.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What is the difference between the Action enhancement trigger kit and the Forward set trigger kit?  I'm wanting to swap out the flat face trigger for my 2.0c.  

Just for specificity:

Action Enhancement Trigger Kit Link
Forward Set Trigger Kit
View Quote
foreword set trigger kit comes w 2 different spring sets.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The cheaper trigger kit doesn't have the sear actuator designed to work with the forward set trigger.

I can't say how that affects trigger pull as I don't have one.  I have two 2.0's with the more expensive trigger kits.  Installed one in my 2.0 9MM and was amazed by it.  When I ordered the 2.0 .45 I ordered the same kit for it before I even got the new .45 acp.  Another amazing trigger.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I just installed the Apex aluminum action enhancement trigger and Duty/carry kit. According to the trigger scale it went from 10-11 lbs factory trigger down to about 6 lbs. it feels a lot better and has a smooth pull and a clean break. Nice audible click for the reset.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]

My 2.0, purchased in '17 had an out of the box 6.0 as registered on my scale,  More than a bit heavy for my taste, but I liked the 'feel' of the piece and did my own trigger/action work.   Some judicious file and spring work has left me with a very acceptable 3.75 pull that's a lot smoother than the factory job.   I did a comparison with an Apex trigger, and truly found it to not differ very much.   Still, I'd give the feel at the break to the commercial job.....then too, I'll likely be back into that mechanism again just to see how good I can get it.

Still,  TEN pounds on a Smith single action................hell, I'd damn sure have sent that thing back!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Apex Forward Flat-Faced Trigger Kit and paired it with MCarbo springs. It brought my trigger down to about 1.5ish pull weight so I had to switch some of the springs around and it brought it to around 3 - 3.5ish lbs. I love the trigger. It brings new life to the gun for sure.

I do know the difference between action enhancement and the one I have is that the one I have is customizable and goes from around 3.5 - 4.5ish lbs to 6.5 or so lbs of pull weight because it comes with a bunch of heavier springs to tune it to your liking.

I actually have an extra on the EE right now if you're interested.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 3:13:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I put the duty/carry action enhancement kit in my Gen 1 M&P 40 and it was like a whole new gun.  The factory trigger on mine was absolute garbage and the worst trigger of any handgun I've ever shot.  The DCAEK was an unfortunate necessity but at least it has a good trigger now.  I will probably switch out the trigger itself at some point because I really dislike the hinged design.  I keep putting it off for other things more important but I'll get to it eventually.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top