Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 11:26:07 PM EDT
Does the latest Springfield Milspec have the ILS in the mainspring housing?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:21:37 AM EDT
[#1]
No it doesn’t
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:40:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes for California, No for the rest of the free world.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure if they still have the titanium firing pin or not but I know they still have a murderously strong firing pin spring
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
The website said not for sale in California so I should be good to go.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure if they still have the titanium firing pin or not but I know they still have a murderously strong firing pin spring
View Quote
They usually did a heavy mainspring to offset their titanium firing pin and firing pin spring.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#6]
It will likely need work to run anything but hardball, if it is anything like the two I had experience with.  

Buy a better featured model if you plan to use it a lot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't seen a springfield 1911 around minnesota in a long time. Its hard to be picky now. What are the springfield mil specs going for.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I haven't seen a springfield 1911 around minnesota in a long time. Its hard to be picky now. What are the springfield mil specs going for.
View Quote
If you're patient, the Defender version is $550 to $599.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It will likely need work to run anything but hardball, if it is anything like the two I had experience with.  

View Quote

The one I got in 2000 worked 100% with everything I tried. Jhp, swc, ball etc.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
My 2 Springfield GI's run just fine stock with FMJ's, SWC's, and HP's.

I carried one of them for the first 5yrs I legally could carry.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#11]
What is the difference between the defender and standard mil spec , no case and only 1 mag?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What is the difference between the defender and standard mil spec , no case and only 1 mag?
View Quote
Defender you only get 1 mag and std wood grips,  reg mil spec has cocobolo grips, 2 mags. I had a regular mil spec but can't remember what else I know it had plastic case.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Defender you only get 1 mag and std wood grips,  reg mil spec has cocobolo grips, 2 mags. I had a regular mil spec but can't remember what else I know it had plastic case.
View Quote
The Defender comes in a cardboard box.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Defender comes in a cardboard box.
View Quote

New Defender is very good value package. Most people either have plenty of 1911 mags laying around or shop for something like Wilscon, Tripp, CMC mags. Also my Milpec plastic box and accessories are just sitting somewhere in my garage. Only used once when I packaged my pistol and send back to Springfield Custom Shop for work many years ago. Also I have bought more 1911 grips than I really needed. like girls shopping for shoes.

Less is more ----> SA Defender.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

New Defender is very good value package. Most people either have plenty of 1911 mags laying around or shop for something like Wilscon, Tripp, CMC mags. Also my Milpec plastic box and accessories are just sitting somewhere in my garage. Only used once when I packaged my pistol and send back to Springfield Custom Shop for work many years ago. Also I have bought more 1911 grips than I really needed. like girls shopping for shoes.

Less is more ----> SA Defender.
View Quote
I agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top