Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2022 5:28:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF]
Just couldn't resist, wanted the CZ Shadow 2 ,but the Rival Dark side is half the price. Hope i didn't make a mistake.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You didn't. The Shadow 2 is a great gun, all steel, has been around a long time, literally one of the best. I had one and really liked it a lot.  But what I discovered was that I ended up shooting my Canik Elite Combat all the time and the Shadow just sat in my safe. I purposefully would then bring it out with me to shoot with my other guns, but did not do as much with it as my Canik. Also found the the Canik trigger was super close to my Shadow as far as accuracy and enjoyment of the trigger.... while the Shadow had a smoother pull, it also had a more mushy wall that I often times would pull through while shooting faster, unlike the Canik with a more defined wall. Now, the Rival is even better than the Elite Combat, and I think it is a better all around gun, for range, training and home defense. So you did not make a mistake at all. I ended up selling my Shadow, to put that money towards another couple Caniks that I would shoot more and towards more ammo and training.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Love my new Rival, a lot of gun for the money, Midway has magazines at the moment, both 18's and 20's for a decent price.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:20:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF] [#4]
Ordered 07/28/2022 at 10 am . Well it looks like i will finely get to pick up my Rival on Tuesday. Grabagun is lame and inept . I called them the day i ordered it and an extra 18 round mag ,and asked if it was in stock and when they could ship it . They said they no longer take phone orders, and it was in stock and to order it on line. So i ordered it on line to have it sent to an FFL on their list. The mag arrived to my door 4 days later. I called grabagun and asked where my gun was, they said they ship the mag direct and charged me $7.95 to ship a $35.99 mag and $7.95 to ship the firearm. They said they couldn't track the gun yet. I called again on Friday 08/05/2022 and they still knew nothing and said they had no record of it being picked up by the shipper  and would get back to me. The didn't ,so i called Monday 08/08/2022 and they still knew nothing ,and claimed they would look into it, and the called the FFL but got no answer . The claimed they would follow up and call me back. They did not, so i called the FFL and he answered on the 2nd ring.  The FFL said it arrived Friday 08/05/2022,and i could pick it up . I called grabagun back and told them the FFL had received it. I got them to wave the freight .I asked why the couldn't track when the firearm was picked up and shipped , they said that was it something they couldn't answer . IMHO all the cared about was charging my card at the time of the order and getting paid. this is awful customer service. their policy in writing on their order says " orders typically ship in3 to 5 biz days but could take 3 to 7 days to ship. I call BS on the claim the couldn't track the pistol. I know full well they have a record of when the firearm was picked up. They were too lame or lazy to simply check the shipping records or call the FFL . So the bottom line is Grabagun is a place that stretches the truth to get the order and has shitty customer service. YMMV ,but be aware of the way they do things B4 you order from them.
Also as a another BS claim is they ship extra mags separately ( AND CHARGE EXTRA ) because they had customers claiming they never got the extra mag on the order. They said either the customer lied/stole it  or the FFL stole the mag ,so that was their policy. FYI they shipped the mag to my door and it was left at my door with no signature. So they think I or the FFL couldn't be trusted on one hand but not the other. Like im going to lie and steal for $35.99 ,or the FFL would also lie . There is no way i would believe anything they say from here on.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GONIF:
Ordered 07/28/2022 at 10 am . Well it looks like i will finely get to pick up my Rival on Tuesday. Grabagun is lame and inept . I called them the day i ordered it and an extra 18 round mag ,and asked if it was in stock and when they could ship it . They said they no longer take phone orders, and it was in stock and to order it on line. So i ordered it on line to have it sent to an FFL on their list. The mag arrived to my door 4 days later. I called grabagun and asked where my gun was, they said they ship the mag direct and charged me $7.95 to ship a $35.99 mag and $7.95 to ship the firearm. They said they couldn't track the gun yet. I called again on Friday 08/05/2022 and they still knew nothing and said they had no record of it being picked up by the shipper  and would get back to me. The didn't ,so i called Monday 08/08/2022 and they still knew nothing ,and claimed they would look into it, and the called the FFL but got no answer . The claimed they would follow up and call me back. They did not, so i called the FFL and he answered on the 2nd ring.  The FFL said it arrived Friday 08/05/2022,and i could pick it up . I called grabagun back and told them the FFL had received it. I got them to wave the freight .I asked why the couldn't track when the firearm was picked up and shipped , they said that was it something they couldn't answer . IMHO all the cared about was charging my card at the time of the order and getting paid. this is awful customer service. their policy in writing on their order says " orders typically ship in3 to 5 biz days but could take 3 to 7 days to ship. I call BS on the claim the couldn't track the pistol. I know full well they have a record of when the firearm was picked up. They were too lame or lazy to simply check the shipping records or call the FFL . So the bottom line is Grabagun is a place that stretches the truth to get the order and has shitty customer service. YMMV ,but be aware of the way they do things B4 you order from them.
Also as a another BS claim is they ship extra mags separately ( AND CHARGE EXTRA ) because they had customers claiming they never got the extra mag on the order. They said either the customer lied/stole it  or the FFL stole the mag ,so that was their policy. FYI they shipped the mag to my door and it was left at my door with no signature. So they think I or the FFL couldn't be trusted on one hand but not the other. Like im going to lie and steal for $35.99 ,or the FFL would also lie . There is no way i would believe anything they say from here on.  
View Quote

My local FFL won't accept anything from GrabAGun. I guess I know why now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#6]
After shooting the Rival ,i am glad i bought it. This thing is F***ing amazing .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top