Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2019 7:29:55 PM EDT
Are they any good?  Debating on getting one for a back up mag but worried if they are reliable enough.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one of those but with the history of Promag in general, I would stay away. I have had a couple Promag mags for other guns in the past and they were not that great. The springs used in them were terrible.  So by the time you buy a good spring, you are into a better mag. without any issues.

The only Promag items I would recommend would be the Archangel stock sets for the Ruger 10/22. Those things are amazing and a great deal.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried the 6 round lcp promag and it worked for a while but then failed to feed right.
Threw it away.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I would definitely get the Ruger 7rd mags instead
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I purchased several Promag magazines prior to and during the assault weapons ban. Promags are totally pieces of shit in my personal experience. The several ak47 and mini 30 magazines that I had during the ban were so bad that I crushed them prior to tossing them in the garbage can so no other poor dumbass would end up wasting time on getting them to work. Total pieces of crap- my opinion.

My advice is to buy what you know works and you will be better served.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Now Pmag is a totally different animal in that their products work.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Copy guess i will stick with oem mag for a secondary
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would definitely get the Ruger 7rd mags instead
View Quote
This^^
Mine has been gtg at the range and carried in my EDC lcp.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
When l bought my second LCP I.  It came with two 6 shot promags. I tried them and they functioned fine, but I was leery about the springs. I ordered wolf +5 magazine springs and put them in my main mags. I then took the factory springs and put them in the promags. They have been flawless.  The follower is a little different but the springs were compatible.  I use them for training only to preserve my factory magazines.
They have been flawless and have been used more than my factory mags.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#9]
IMHO.  Pass on one for self defense.  I have an extended Promag magazine for my P90.  It works sometimes and sometimes not
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top