Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2020 12:54:28 AM EDT
I’ve been jonesing hard for a Pro TLE II the past few months. I see a lot of hate online, and my LGS never has them in stock. Any of you guys own one of these pistols? I’d like to hear feedback before I drop the money. Is the MSH plastic?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never had any issues with mine, it's an earlier one with the external ejector, I changed out the plastic msh with an Ed Brown one that has the mag well which can be removed if you so desire.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have that specific model, but I do have a Pro Carry II, a Pro Carry HD II stainless in .38 Super, and a Stainless II.  The only issues with any of them ever had was fixed by using quality magazines.

The MSH is plastic.  I didn't have any problem with them but changed them all out with parts from Fusion Firearms just because.  I don't think the plastic is that big an issue in a small part considering most of us carry pistols with plastic frames on a daily basis and they're plenty durable.

If I had the problems that some of the Kimber owners on the net have posted about I might be a hater too, but that applies to just about anything manufactured.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one. When it came into my LGS, it had the rear sight slot milled incorrectly and it had to be sent back. What returned is nothing short of a great pistol. This is an 8 round  group I shot using my 62 year old eyes at 8 PM at 25 yards. I was stunned.

The flyers out the bottom were called. I knew they would be low as soon as I fired them.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve had one since 2012 or 2013 and the only issues I’ve ever had have been magazine related.  I think the factory mag that came with mine is a bit out is spec.  Replaced it with Wilson Combat mags not long after buying it and it’s been flawless.  The trigger is great and it’s accurate as can be.

Despite the internet hate for Kimberly, mines moved to the never sell side of the safe.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Somewhat related but not quite-

Did Kimber discontinue the Pro TLE/RL?

Two Kimbers that I’ve wanted seem to be among those which disappeared from Kimber’s website, the original black Warrior and the Pro TLE/RL II.

Link Posted: 6/28/2020 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have stainless TLEs in both Custom & Ultra sized. They've been great. I'd buy them again without hesitation.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Pro TLE/RL and the Custom TLE/RL. The both shoot amazing. Added a S&A magwell to the custom and the Pro has an EGW mainspring housing and magwell.
I did have an issue with the Pro. It has the EGW grip safety and needed to be pressed in as hard as you can in order for the Swartz safety to not rub on the firing pin and give light primer strikes. Removed safety plunger under the rear sight and it shoots perfect now with no issues. My actual EDC now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top