Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2021 10:34:51 PM EDT
A friend is offering to sell all of his 40 S&W ammo for Ammoseek prices, then perhaps throw the pistol in for free!

What neither he or I know is, what is an M&P 40, full size, with trigger safety only, worth?

His M&P is one of only two 40s I've really enjoyed shooting, so I'm tempted as well and it might make sense for be to buy it all.

GB is all over the place on price.  

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Pre-pandemic LNIB Police Trade .40s were $299. Now I'd say $399
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on condition, is it a 1.0 or 2.0?

The gen 1 had triggers that ranged from ok-ish to terrible.  Mine came with a truly terrible trigger which I had to install an Apex trigger kit to make it usable.  The gen 1 is also very slick, in a bad way.  It really needs a stipple job but that makes your warranty null and void.  I used a Hogue grip to give it enough traction not to drop.  

Triggers and traction aside they are very good guns but those two issues will likely have to be addressed.  

Then you have the fact that .40S&W isn't very popular anymore so there's not a lot of people wanting to buy them which means lower prices than other calibers.  Which is good for you and bad for the seller.  

At the moment ammo and guns are silly priced so it's impossible to say what the value is without knowing the condition of the gun, whether it's a 1.0 or 2.0, how much ammo goes with it, the type of ammo and the brand of ammo.

Personally I think having a .40S&W is always a good idea just because it's normally easier to find ammo in a crunch and the M&P is one of the easiest shooting .40's out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top