Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2022 5:39:20 AM EDT
I’m looking at a Like-New FN stamped High Power in .40 S&W.  There is no visible finish wear anywhere on it and it comes with two 10rd mags, one has a parkerized finish with the “mouse trap” spring and the second magazine is a blued Mec Gar 10rd mag.   Also, it will come with the factory plastic box and the pistol has black plastic MK III grips.

The other thing about this pistol is that has a Durakote/Ceracote type factory finish and clearly isn’t blued or parkerized.

They are asking $849, but being in the less popular .40, is that a fair price for a FN made/marked High Power?

Thanks for looking!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Fair price.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably but for the same money I could find something I like better. What about the availability of additional mags?   For me 4 mags is the least I have had for any pistol.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I figured so, but wanted a second opinion.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Very good price.

I passed on a two tone .40 for 769 a few years ago....still kicking myself for that one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember passing up on one of these years ago for like 475 bucks... Damn.  I SHOULD have gone with my idea of having a Jarvis barrel made for this in .357 SIG... then blown the damn thing apart.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
Very good price.

I passed on a two tone .40 for 769 a few years ago....still kicking myself for that one.
View Quote

Just after Christmas in ‘19 I too passed on one at Cabela’s. Same description as the one you passed on. $749 less 10% that day.

Just couldn’t warm up to it, I wanted a blued 9mm and wouldn’t have been happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By shovelheadrider:

Just after Christmas in ‘19 I too passed on one at Cabela’s. Same description as the one you passed on. $749 less 10% that day.

Just couldn’t warm up to it, I wanted a blued 9mm and wouldn’t have been happy with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shovelheadrider:
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
Very good price.

If I could find a two-tone or stainless 40 slow and worthless HP for that price, I would buy it and convert it to 9 mm.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it is a good price.  I bought one new in 2003 for $450.  Sold it in 2015 for $1100.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:59:18 AM EDT
[#9]
It’s a very good price.  I paid over $1000 for a similar gun recently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top