Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2020 7:20:35 PM EDT
In the last few weeks I have had conversations with 2 different people that thought any 45 ACP pistol is a "1911". One of them is a pretty good buddy. I was so stunned I didn't reply with much than "are you serious?"

How would you respond?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't bother responding to comments/people that dumb.  Might as well try to have a conversation with an amoeba.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It may have been the first Pistol chambered in .45 but not even sure about that?

If they were buddies then something like lol no.

Explain how 1911 got it’s name from the date the military adopted the Colt government model as its service pistol. And how the Colt government is not a Glock 21
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In the last few weeks I have had conversations with 2 different people that thought any 45 ACP pistol is a "1911". One of them is a pretty good buddy. I was so stunned I didn't reply with much than "are you serious?"

How would you respond?
View Quote
I may have you tied for stupid. A coworker and I went to a restaurant for dinner and she ordered filet mignon, when the server asked how she wanted it cooked, the answer was "you cook fish all the way through". The server tried to explain filet mignon was a steak. The coworker accepted it and made one comment when it arrived "the server was wrong, its supposed to be fish", then ate in silence.  Two weeks later we worked together again, same restaurant, same request for filet mignon telling me that the server two weeks earlier was wrong...I had to bite my tongue. Same thing over again how you want it done, yadda yadda yadda. I was so embarrassed.
Now to tell you the rest of the story...she was a college degreed science teacher in a major city high school, left there, and became a ranking supervisor at a major city police department. Go figure....
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I may have you tied for stupid. A coworker and I went to a restaurant for dinner and she ordered filet mignon, when the server asked how she wanted it cooked, the answer was "you cook fish all the way through". The server tried to explain filet mignon was a steak. The coworker accepted it and made one comment when it arrived "the server was wrong, its supposed to be fish", then ate in silence.  Two weeks later we worked together again, same restaurant, same request for filet mignon telling me that the server two weeks earlier was wrong...I had to bite my tongue. Same thing over again how you want it done, yadda yadda yadda. I was so embarrassed.
Now to tell you the rest of the story...she was a college degreed science teacher in a major city high school, left there, and became a ranking supervisor at a major city police department. Go figure....
View Quote
Oh Lordy....
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Not everybody is a gun person.  But everybody is a food person (I would hope).  Maybe she was thinking of a Filet-O-Fish.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell them they are reported!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How would you respond?
View Quote
help them out, more knowledge about 2a and 2a stuff is good
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a similar conversation with a coworker. He wanted to marry another coworker. I questioned his sanity. He asked, she accepted. They have been married over 40 years.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Hand them a CZ-97 and watch the brain implode.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a time when referring to a ".45" meant a 1911.  This was common usage in the military until the mid-1980s and perhaps longer.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There was a time when referring to a ".45" meant a 1911.  This was common usage in the military until the mid-1980s and perhaps longer.
View Quote
This all started when he referred to his  SIG P220 in 45 as a 1911....
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Glock 40 problem solver syndrome?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:This all started when he referred to his  SIG P220 in 45 as a 1911....
View Quote
Yup, that would explain your comments.  Some folks just aren't "gun literate".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top