Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2021 3:53:31 PM EDT
Been looking at different guns, and I have settled on either the Walther Q5 SF or the CZ Shadow 2........ anyone here own either? Opinions?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Love my Shadow2. It's the one gun I can take to the range and put in people's hands and they get this "holy shit" look on their face when they shoot it.

Super soft shooting and accurate as hell. They just came out with an Optics Ready version too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Shadow 2.  It's nearly unbeatable in its price range.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I like them both...... hard decision. If money were no object I’d get the Q5 Black Tie, but 2.5 k is way out of my budget
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Shadow 2 optics ready.  Pure sexiness.
Had a standard urban grey before.  Either is great

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Shadow.

CZ makes possibly the best balanced pistol you'll ever put your mitts on.

That Walther looks like a cheese grater or something.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shadow 2 optics ready.  Pure sexiness.
Had a standard urban grey before.  Either is great

https://i.imgur.com/Dil5O2s.jpg
View Quote

How much do they run?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Luv my Shadow 2, I have no experience with the Walther. Shadow 2 is approximately 1300.00 add about 200.00 for optics ready model. But in usual arfcom fashion, I recommend you get both.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Luv my Shadow 2, I have no experience with the Walther. Shadow 2 is approximately 1300.00 add about 200.00 for optics ready model. But in usual arfcom fashion, I recommend you get both.
View Quote

I wish, but unfortunately I can only get one..............
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I think the Shadow is a much smoother shooter for me than the Walther.  David
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How much do they run?
View Quote

I got the optics ready about a month ago for $1,399 + $35 shipping on GB (cheapest I could find)  
here’s one for $1375 shipped (great deal) : https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893345485

my standard urban grey was about $1075 shipped in 2019, but they run a little more now

I would do OR again in a heartbeat.  I never loved the urban grey color, but it shot the same
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Are you going to compete with what you buy? If not, get the CZ.
The only reason I would get the Walther over the CZ is if I wanted to compete in IDPA. The Shadow 2 is too heavy for IDPA SSP.

I would also get the Optics Ready version. It will be more desirable if you sell it down the road.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I have a q5 SF Pro and its a great pistol.  I dropped an overwatch precision trigger in it because I can (stock trigger is great).

I don't think you'll find one in stock anywhere right now.  I know Walter only made a couple thousand for the US market...I assume just to gauge interest.

The CZ will be easier to find.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I have only held and dry-fired the Walther, and it was very nice.  I tried out the Shadow2 at a match where CZC had a 'side-match' set up.  While it is very comfortable and really soft shooting, I disliked the weight.  It felt like transitions with the gun were slow, and I overshot every array that I swung to.  I don't shoot fast splits, so the extra weight that keeps the gun flat in recoil was kind of lost on me.  As someone who has shot a plastic gun in Production Division for a very long time, FOR ME, I couldn't stand the weight.  YMMV.  The gun was awesome, though, just not for me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are you going to compete with what you buy? If not, get the CZ.
The only reason I would get the Walther over the CZ is if I wanted to compete in IDPA. The Shadow 2 is too heavy for IDPA SSP.

I would also get the Optics Ready version. It will be more desirable if you sell it down the road.
View Quote

that's kind of a funny question. the shadow 2 was designed to be the ultimate competition pistol.  It's legal for the classes it was designed for.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I have a q5 SF Pro and its a great pistol.  I dropped an overwatch precision trigger in it because I can (stock trigger is great).

I don't think you'll find one in stock anywhere right now.  I know Walter only made a couple thousand for the US market...I assume just to gauge interest.

The CZ will be easier to find.
View Quote

A local gun store has them in stock..............1549.99 for the Walther Pro, which is cheaper than what they have the optics ready CZ gun, although I know they can be had cheaper
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:16:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A local gun store has them in stock..............1549.99 for the Walther Pro, which is cheaper than what they have the optics ready CZ gun, although I know they can be had cheaper
View Quote
Scheel's in Coralville, IA had the Shadow2 blue for $1199 and the Shadow2 Blue optics ready model for $1399 just a couple weeks ago. I believe they're happy to sell and transfer to your FFL of choice if you want to save a bit of cash.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Scheel's in Coralville, IA had the Shadow2 blue for $1199 and the Shadow2 Blue optics ready model for $1399 just a couple weeks ago. I believe they're happy to sell and transfer to your FFL of choice if you want to save a bit of cash.
View Quote

Thanks I will check into that if I go that route
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't have either but have read so much positive about the CZ's that I have an itch for one too. I'm leaning towards one of the TS versions but the S2's are really good too from what I've read
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't have either but have read so much positive about the CZ's that I have an itch for one too. I'm leaning towards one of the TS versions but the S2's are really good too from what I've read
View Quote

I like both of them........ have shot both and they both feel right in my hands. It’s a hard decision, and I am also considering an HK VP9L
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#20]
As much as I love my SP01 Shadow I would have to say Shadow 2.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I like both of them........ have shot both and they both feel right in my hands. It’s a hard decision, and I am also considering an HK VP9L
View Quote

That being the case, for me it would come down to this... Walthers are typically great guns but for whatever reason, they just aren't popular in this country? That means almost 0 aftermarket support and finding anything for them (Mags, sights, holsters, etc.) is much more challenging so I would go with the CZ.

I have nothing on the HK other then I personally don't like their European style mag releases.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#22]
If you're open to other options, you could also consider a Beretta 92X Performance.  No optics ready version is available though.  I own the Beretta, have shot the Shadow 2, and have handled the Walther.  The Walther felt great, but I didn't think the trigger was anything special.  The lack of aftermarket support was also a concern, since I'm a tinkerer.  The Shadow 2 obviously has great aftermarket support, and is capable of having the best trigger of the three, but I shoot Berettas better than CZ's for whatever reason.  The Beretta is fairly well supported, but nowhere near as well as the CZ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top