Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2018 1:34:11 PM EDT
I have finished the build of my Glock 26 based on the new sub-compact polymer80 frame and have a problem.

I bought the glock kit online which includes a factory glock 26 top slide assembly, and all of the internals.

When I put the slide onto the frame, I cannot pull the slide back far enough to allow the slide stop to engage and hold the slide to the rear. It appears to allow me to rack the slide back and forth, but never far enough to lock the slide back. The furthest back I can pull the slide leaves it about an inch short of engaging the slide catch.

Additionally, when I go to disassemble the weapon, I cannot detach the top end without substantial effort. When I go to release the top end using the slide release lever, it only will allow the slide to move about an inch forward. I then have to literally bang the slide off of the frame with a mallet.

What is wrong, and how can I go about correcting this?

I completed my Glock 19 build earlier without any of these problems.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
How is the recoil spring channel?
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Material removed all the way down to the bottom, with the remaining "wings" on either side, per the Polymer80 instructions.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is the recoil spring channel?
View Quote
Well, I fixed it, so I guess I should share for the benefit of everyone.

The problem was with the milled out area in the shape of a "U" for the recoil spring. The sides of that "U" must be absolutely even to the sides of the locking block that you install. Mine were off by perhaps a 1/10,000 of an inch, and it was causing the spring to bind and not be able to compress completely. Same issue with being able to remove the slide from the frame - stuck spring in that channel.

Filed off that tiny bit of remaining plastic and now it runs great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top