Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2019 3:57:50 PM EDT
No barrel or recoil spring/guide rod, the slide instantly will hit the ejector when I try to bring it to the rear. I forcibly have to pull up for the slide to clear the ejector and trying to dry fire reset is a nightmare. Prior to finishing the build I noticed the front locking block looked funny. It looks...hella slanted. Is this normal or obvious flaw that could be causing my problems. With just the front locking block, smooth racking. Installed the rear one and a lot of friction is there.

https://imgur.com/HVVrwHb
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The rails on the P80 frames can be a little oversized.  I've heard some folks will LIGHTLY run the front frame block on a piece of sandpaper laying on a flat surface.  Do a couple of strokes, clean it, reinstall in the frame and try again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No barrel or recoil spring/guide rod, the slide instantly will hit the ejector when I try to bring it to the rear. I forcibly have to pull up for the slide to clear the ejector and trying to dry fire reset is a nightmare. Prior to finishing the build I noticed the front locking block looked funny. It looks...hella slanted. Is this normal or obvious flaw that could be causing my problems. With just the front locking block, smooth racking. Installed the rear one and a lot of friction is there.

https://imgur.com/HVVrwHb
View Quote
I had same issue with mine when new.  what i learned is to put some pressure on the slide from opposite side of the ejector towards the ejector - all parallel to the ground plane if that makes sense.  I then heavily lubed the rails and hand cycled the action I would estimate about 500 times - xxv hand was sore.  works like a champ now, no malfunctions through north of 3k at this point.  I have to do the same trick when reassembling even today.  I really panicked for a while until I figured this out.  May be worth it to you to try method before making permanent modifications.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Which slide are you using?

Some aftermarket slides are machined a little too tight and others have cerakote inside the grooves which binds.

Try sanding and polishing the grooves in the slide, once you verify the front and rear locking blocks are installed correctly.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I had trouble with mine also the ejector was not in line with the slide.  I got it all lined up and used some 220 grit lapping compound.  And just cycled the action for like 20min untill it was butter smooth.  Only shot 30rds but cycled all of them Wolf 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont often visit this section of AR15, and just saw this post. First off hope you have your P80 running by now. Looking at your picture, and after reading your post, your locking block can be part of the problem. The locking block should be seated so it is parallel to the frame. The rails on the locking block should be on the same plane (even with) as the rear rails. Once they are both installed you can check them by putting a level, or straight edge across both the locking block and rear rails. It should sit flat on the rails surface and be parallel to the frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top